20/20 subtop on v2 :oops: Really nice surprise

@Danwolf could you please change status for 'tested'? Many thanks in advance

This tactic needs more exposure, the best one I've used with my united team by far. Not sure how well it works with under dog teams but as seen from the tactic testing, it is right up there! Started using this tactic after the 2-0 loss to Dortmund

Attachments

• United.png
    United.png
    227.8 KB · Views: 588
Few screenshots

Attachments

• United.png
    United.png
    121.7 KB · Views: 562
  • United.png
    United.png
    151.4 KB · Views: 414
  • United.png
    United.png
    119.4 KB · Views: 370
This my Kaiserslautern first season

Image 2.png

This tactic needs more exposure, the best one I've used with my united team by far. Not sure how well it works with under dog teams but as seen from the tactic testing, it is right up there! Started using this tactic after the 2-0 loss to Dortmund
What about YC? Too many or normal? I'm leader of YC in 3Bundesliga, but it just 3-4 per game

hi, can the role of 2 ST be change into DLF or AF should it make the tactic flow any different? just to ask

hi, can the role of 2 ST be change into DLF or AF should it make the tactic flow any different? just to ask
Unfortunatelly I can't say hom much it will be different :(
I guess PF(a) > AF(a) is a low difference, PF(s)>DLF(s) is a medium difference, but I can't say how it change your results.
Why you asking? Do you have specific issue or?

upd. Current ME has issue about 1-on-1 moments so AF possible even better. But if 20.3 patch will fix this bug so PF is priority because base of this tactic is attacking pressure in mid-field

Last edited:
Unfortunatelly I can't say hom much it will be different :(
I guess PF(a) > AF(a) is a low difference, PF(s)>DLF(s) is a medium difference, but I can't say how it change your results.
Why you asking? Do you have specific issue or?
ah not really
it's just my team I dont really have PF, I'd love to have 2 ST but non of them are even competent on PF role. I also didnt have good results with my ST while on PF role, they didnt score much, like last time I try 352 italian tac.

ah not really
it's just my team I dont really have PF, I'd love to have 2 ST but non of them are even competent on PF role. I also didnt have good results with my ST while on PF role, they didnt score much, like last time I try 352 italian tac.
My PF(a) has about 15 goals in 21 games or something like this. I dont remember exactly - stopped to play until SI will update ME...
But if you need avoid pf role AF(a) and DLF(s) could be alternative. Set them close down more in PI

My PF(a) has about 15 goals in 21 games or something like this. I dont remember exactly - stopped to play until SI will update ME...
But if you need avoid pf role AF(a) and DLF(s) could be alternative. Set them close down more in PI
Thanks for the swift replies. yeah I try to understand the PF role, but AF & DLF dont really have urgent closing down, in PI of AF & DLF, default closing down is just standard, it cant be adjusted to increase the level of closing down like PF.

as far as I know of this tactic in theory, when in possestion, 2 WB will move into central area , along with 2 CM that will create overload in the midfield right? that means 2 ST must always be upfront to create a 4 man upfront to realize scoring chances (along with 2 winger). the PF role will only differ from AF role that they press more, otherwise if I change into 2AF or one Trequarista & one AF should it be OK with the attack flow?

Thanks for the swift replies. yeah I try to understand the PF role, but AF & DLF dont really have urgent closing down, in PI of AF & DLF, default closing down is just standard, it cant be adjusted to increase the level of closing down like PF.

as far as I know of this tactic in theory, when in possestion, 2 WB will move into central area , along with 2 CM that will create overload in the midfield right? that means 2 ST must always be upfront to create a 4 man upfront to realize scoring chances (along with 2 winger). the PF role will only differ from AF role that they press more, otherwise if I change into 2AF or one Trequarista & one AF should it be OK with the attack flow?
Well... Need to think:rolleyes:
WB is more for cover, not overload. RPM and BWM(s) no hold position so IWB play like DM I guess. + I always confused to use classic WB in formations 442/424 (2 players in both wings is very expensive in modern football).

You need to remember that every role has own decisions, not only PI! This is really important to understand.
Real difference between AF and PF is PF is teamwork striker, he plays not much deep as DLF but he still a team striker (Lewandowski for example).
AF is single striker at first. In practice its mean that AF will not play deeper for tackles as PF.
Trequartista probably the most independent role so I would not use T in this tactic because idea of this tactic is teamwork pressure, which T avoids.

Concenring 2 AF, I see the same in Knap tactics but Knap use attacking mentality which means extra-quick attacks. I use balanced in this tactic so not sure about effective.
Plus one of my striker is support which mean play DEEPER for stage 2 of attacks. And again, I use lower LOE in TI, both AF will play deeper? I'm not sure.

In the end, this is all tactical theory only. Probably you need to check your changes in practice, because this ME is full of 'surprises' :D

Well... Need to think:rolleyes:
WB is more for cover, not overload. RPM and BWM(s) no hold position so IWB play like DM I guess. + I always confused to use classic WB in formations 442/424 (2 players in both wings is very expensive in modern football).

You need to remember that every role has own decisions, not only PI! This is really important to understand.
Real difference between AF and PF is PF is teamwork striker, he plays not much deep as DLF but he still a team striker (Lewandowski for example).
AF is single striker at first. In practice its mean that AF will not play deeper for tackles as PF.
Trequartista probably the most independent role so I would not use T in this tactic because idea of this tactic is teamwork pressure, which T avoids.

Concenring 2 AF, I see the same in Knap tactics but Knap use attacking mentality which means extra-quick attacks. I use balanced in this tactic so not sure about effective.
Plus one of my striker is support which mean play DEEPER for stage 2 of attacks. And again, I use lower LOE in TI, both AF will play deeper? I'm not sure.

In the end, this is all tactical theory only. Probably you need to check your changes in practice, because this ME is full of 'surprises' :D
thanks for the insights. I'm just wondering because I prefer players who are natural in the selected roles first

well in some matches I watched, the two IWB roaming into midfield which created a situation that 2 IWB & the RPM & BWM (4 players) standing so so close that I can only see them passing very short. Meanwhile 2 ST & 2 Winger standing a little higher - that frustrated me as some time that 4 midfielders loose possession all of the sudden, due to too close distance & the players seem to be surprised receiving the pass or so.

Meanwhile IWB creates big gap in wide area when loosing possession and my CB cant cope with their quick strikers when facing counter attacks

thanks for the insights. I'm just wondering because I prefer players who are natural in the selected roles first

well in some matches I watched, the two IWB roaming into midfield which created a situation that 2 IWB & the RPM & BWM (4 players) standing so so close that I can only see them passing very short. Meanwhile 2 ST & 2 Winger standing a little higher - that frustrated me as some time that 4 midfielders loose possession all of the sudden, due to too close distance & the players seem to be surprised receiving the pass or so.

Meanwhile IWB creates big gap in wide area when loosing possession and my CB cant cope with their quick strikers when facing counter attacks
Concerning 4 players its ME issue unfortunatelly. I noticed players stay in group sometimes too.
Concerning big gap I noticed this too. Despite good results of this tactic I want to create updated version
In idea it will be like

W(a)-IW(s)
AP(s)-BWM(d)
IWB(d)-CB-CB-WB(a)

and some TI and PI updates

possibly it will be more variable and fix close standing

upd - ****, this discussion inspired me test this ASAP :D

Concerning 4 players its ME issue unfortunatelly. I noticed players stay in group sometimes too.
Concerning big gap I noticed this too. Despite good results of this tactic I want to create updated version
In idea it will be like

W(a)-IW(s)
AP(s)-BWM(d)
IWB(d)-CB-CB-WB(a)

and some TI and PI updates

possibly it will be more variable and fix close standing

upd - ****, this discussion inspired me test this ASAP :D
me too

Im trying to modify this one as you suggested.

W(a)-IW(s)
AP(s)-BWM(d)
IWB(d)-CB-CB-WB(a)

in PI I also set BWM stay a little wide to the right to cover th WB (R) during attack phase. Meanwhile the IWB (s) (hold position, stay wide) will cover the left flank. that makes a 4-1-5 (or 2-3-5) with possession, with 1 RPM roaming to exploit spaces

without possession I set the W(a) & the IW(s) to mark tight if they try to overlap the wing and I just create a lots of CCC last few matches. the only uncertain I guess is that if they try exploiting the central I guess Im dead haha. maybe narrower defense will help

Last edited:
Hey!
Thank you for this tactic, it's great!
I used it for my 2nd season with Anderlecht and won the championship and the cup (loosing all 6 games en Champions League).
Then here is a screen shot of the first half of my third season... ;)

band.jpg

Hey!
Thank you for this tactic, it's great!
I used it for my 2nd season with Anderlecht and won the championship and the cup (loosing all 6 games en Champions League).
Then here is a screen shot of the first half of my third season... ;)

View attachment 40892
It's not good in Champions league in prev season, but I see its better for you now :D I'm glad to see you enjoy this, thanks for feedback ;)