MMeirolas

Reaction score
i'm playing with PSG right now and i have very few homegrown players right now

there's this regen, 18 years old, born at 29.08.2001

the game date is 15.07.2020

will he have trained at club 15-21 status after 3 seasons?

thank you very much

when did he exactly join your club? he'd be HG at your club of he's been there at your club for 3 years cumulatively before he turns 21/the year he turns 21 depending on a few conditions.
if he's born on 29.08.2001 & he's joining your club on 15.07.2020, I doubt he'd be HG..

you can actually check that in your squad menu.

insert column- and search for HG status/ due date.

thx for the reply m8

so he has to be still 20 after 3 years at the club...?
when u say 3 years, is it years or seasons?

its weird because i remember buying two 18 year old youngsters on the same day, keeping them always at the club.
on turned homegrown at the club, the other didnt....

i forgot to say that i dont own the player, i'm thinking about buying him
its one of those youngsters valued at 5k and the club asks 90billion LOL

so it would be nice to know before i buy him :)

cheers

Yeah so as xtremeRED said above, the best thing to do is go to your squad, and in the top right corner just above your player list will be a little drop down menu saying what it's currently sorted by - usually "General Info" or "Selection Info".

Click that, a drop down appears, and choose "Home-Grown Status". You can then look at the relevant player and there may or may not be a date listed in the column which is headed "Home-Grown Due Date" (or words to that effect). If there is, then on that date, he will be considered homegrown.

I guess it's 3 years by the time they are 21, and in some cases 22 also-ran as you can see a number of 22yo players are eligible to play for U21 tournaments..

in game, and in English league as I have observed, a few 22yo count as U21 while registering your team.

the point you mentioned about the 2 players being 18, and while One became HG and the other didn't, it would be because of their birth dates.
eg, A was born on 1st September 1996, & B was born on 18th June 1997, as on 1st July 2015, both of them are 18 in game, right?
but A is about 9 months older than B, and the likelihood that A be HG in 3 years at your club assuming they both join you on 1st July 2015 is next to nil, while B is certainly going to be HG at your club.

hope that makes it clear?

best option is to use the squad screen menu, and look for due date/HG status.