Will my Strikers Work with this Tactical?

Redstag

Reaction score
Ok so as you can see from the screenshot my strikers are not exactly prolific in front of goal. Between the three strikers in my squad they have 16 goals in 48 games. That isnt good enough considering the quality of player in my team and that we are current Premiership Champions.

View attachment 7796

The basics of my tactic are a big pitch, slow, direct passing with certain key players (MC and AMR) causing havoc at times with a change of pace or spark of brilliance. My strikers have a lot of shots but they do nothing of real note with it. Dubuc just ended a 13 hour goal less streak.

My question is are my strikers too slow and large (originally we played a long ball, target man game that was successful but needed to be changed).

Despite these striker issues we are 3rd in the League (4 points off top) and have just qualified from my Champions League group as well as a great defensive record. Here are my strikers, have they the ability to work together in this tactic that I am hoping to create.

View attachment 7797
View attachment 7798
View attachment 7799

Do your wide men cross the ball? also what are the individual settings for your strikers?

My AML often crosses the ball in. My AMR never crosses the ball in.

I have been playing Adams and Dubuc in a little and large kind of way. Adams is a typical target man with Dubuc being a bit quicker and playing in behind the defense. It worked for several seasons but I have begun a major tactical change this year. Im sure a small change will see it fixed.

Adams (defensive striker) :
View attachment 7807

Dubuc (forward striker) :
View attachment 7808

When you factor in that so many of their goals are corner kicks it really is alarming especially in comparison to rest of the team.

Well ive just finished a season,stormed the league with over a 100 points and well over a 100 goals and my 2 main strikers scored 74 goals between them. I play with 2 out and out wingers. I can upload the tactic on here if you want to have a look at my set up?

Can i also add my wingers got a good few goals between them and both got 20 assists a piece.

Last edited:
In my own view I think that I can make this thing work. A pacy strike force with "run onto ball" could work. This tactic creates so much space that I have to use it.

Yea that would be good to take a look at it. Im interested to see the relationship between the strikers and between the midfield. Where I find it. You PM me or in the tactic folder or what? I gotta go now refereeing in the morning but ill check it out then. Thanks mate.

Thanks man, was gonna sleep but had to try it out. I created a hybrid of yours and my tactics. Only played 2 games with it. Beat Aston Villa (18th in League) 3-0 away and West Brom (11th in League) 2-0 at home. I used basically your striker player instructions and I was happy with it. My Dutch youngster scored in each game and both Strikers looked good. I kept rest of my orignial player and team instructions and got a goal from my usual AMR and MC as well as a DC scoring a corner. Gonna head now, thanks for the tips!

doesn't do anything for my team will try a little longer before I go back to my own tactic