Will selling too many players destroy my season?

Timsky

Reaction score
Started a bew season with Liverpool and to make it more of a challenge i want to get a squard of players that are 90% English and as most of you know Liverpool have so many foreign players its silly so im going to sell most of them. Thing is with patch 10.3 (the one im going to use) it says they tweaked it so when you buy/sell a large number of players it has more of a negative effect, but will it have so much of an effect it will make my squad under perfom to the point i will be sacked? Im not going to be selling like 40 players in the first transfer window but i will be selling a good 15 or so including first team players.

Also Torres will be one of the players i would like to sell as the funds from that will be enough to buy most of the players im looking at, how much do you think i could push from his transfer if i offer him to clubs?

it's not good to sell many players who were been in starting line up

It does have a negative impact if you sell important players, or if you sell a lot of players. It's a really tiny difference though, so nobody cares much if you offload the chaff and you'll get a significant boost by buying top talent.

Best thing is to do it during your first year as the squad start to like each other more after a few seasons, and it can be tough to offload 'someone's friend' without upsetting a far more important player in the team.

I have done lots of games with liverpool and i usually sell some of my first team players and i usually dont do very well. One time i decided not to sell any first team players and i only brought it youth and i won the league for the first time ever in all football manager games. :)

I dont advise selling torres in the first season because you only get like 50% of the money from the sale to use as transfer funds.

Ah im glad you mentioned it :p

I dont mind struggling a little i dont wanna win everything first season or see it as faliure, even top 4 is ok for me cause its a rebuilding process, but i dont want wonderkids to start turning into middle aged players before ive been able to build the funds (Im starting to think i maybe should have been Arsenal)

Unless you turn your squad around within the first week and get your team playing plenty of friendlies, it may be possible! Otherwise just do it have a rubbish 1st season then demolish the second :)