jg90

Reaction score
attachment.php

Avram Grant Sacked as West Ham boss
Grant1.jpg

West Ham have sacked manager Avram Grant before the season has even begun,

Vice-chairman Karren Brady told BBC Sport a month ago that Grant "is the best man for our situation, I feel he has what it takes to push this club back to the sort of success they had a few years ago when Alan Pardew was in charge and competed in what is considered one of the most thrilling FA Cup Finals of all time!" Yet today Brady was tight lipped over the sacking and just made a brief statement saying "The club are in the interview process at the moment and hope to announce a new manager tomorrow"

A source within the club told BBC Sport today "The three front runners are Blackburn boss Sam Allardyce, Stoke manager Tony Pullis and surprisingly Reading first team coach Jesus Navarro."

attachment.php

West Ham Board Announce Navarro Arrival

article-0-07ECCB36000005DC-951_468x327.jpg

West Ham have today completed the arrival of Reading first team coach Jesus Navarro on a 3 year deal.

The 25-year-old Navarro joins West Ham on a three-year deal, after handing in his resignation yesterday.Reading had sought £5m compensation, with West Ham offering £1m, but a compromise has now been agreed between the two parties.

"I don't really know what to say other then I'm over the moon!, This is a fairytale dream come true as a kid I supported West Ham and played for the Academy until I was 16 when I was released so its good to come back to where it all started!"

After leaving West Ham as a youngster Navarro joined Championship side Reading where he enjoyed 5 years before at the young age of 21 an injury ended his playing days and he was offered the chance to stay on and take his coaching badges and work within the Reading academy set-up until last year when he was made a first team coach.

"I leave behind many happy memories and would like to send my heart felt thanks to the Reading fans and maybe one day I may get the chance to repay the affection they gave to me, but the main focus is now West Ham where a lot of work is needed and hope to bring in a few new faces of the playing and coaching side and put this club in the upper regions of the Premiership where they belong."