Will these players improve much more?

GenesisBit

Reaction score
Will these players improve much more? V2.0

UPDATED THREAD PLAYERS:
Some of these players sure were expensive! Stucki cost me 18 million which was almost all of my budget! Once again, looking for advice on these players.
View attachment 332001View attachment 332002View attachment 332003View attachment 332004

ORIGINAL THREAD PLAYERS:

Sup guys, I spent some VERY hefty fees (maybe not hefty for some people but for a club of my stature it was very hefty) of around a total of 15 million to bring these players into my squad. After gaining promotion to the premier league I had a big struggle to avoid relegation in my first season there. Start of the transfer window I brought these guys in and this is half way through the season.
Will these guys improve much more? Do I have great players on my hands at the moment or are they almost maxed? What age do players generally stop growth?
Thanks! (Boroswki has a random image I found on the internet because his random generator image was god awful to look at)

View attachment 318261View attachment 318262View attachment 318263View attachment 318264

UPDATE:
View attachment 331660View attachment 331661

Last edited:
Borowski is going to be beast at the age of 20 looks like he will be a complete striker. Formica doesn't float my boat poor decision making which will be hard to improve at a young age. the CB looks like he has potential - very good mental stats for an 18 year old. Victor looks weak for me if your going to use him has a DCM. poor concentration, decision making, positioning, marking and anticipation skills. However with good tutoring and training they may all come good.

Borowski is going to be beast at the age of 20 looks like he will be a complete striker. Formica doesn't float my boat poor decision making which will be hard to improve at a young age. the CB looks like he has potential - very good mental stats for an 18 year old. Victor looks weak for me if your going to use him has a DCM. poor concentration, decision making, positioning, marking and anticipation skills. However with good tutoring and training they may all come good.

Thanks! I may make a judgement call on them at the end of the season depending on how they perform. Hopefully the CB comes along the most, before bringing him in my defence was the weakest part of my team. It was league 1 to championship quality at best.
I also worry about Victor but not due to his stats. I worry about developing him because he replaces my captain in that position whenever I use him and my vice captain doesnt have nearly the same stats required for a good captain.

Thanks! I may make a judgement call on them at the end of the season depending on how they perform. Hopefully the CB comes along the most, before bringing him in my defence was the weakest part of my team. It was league 1 to championship quality at best.
I also worry about Victor but not due to his stats. I worry about developing him because he replaces my captain in that position whenever I use him and my vice captain doesnt have nearly the same stats required for a good captain.

Who is your captain mate!??? If it was me, I would set your general training to ball control and proitorise your players weakest areas in the first couple of seasons. Then set them to the individual role you want to play them at. Also train PPM's has this will improve their attributes.

I would train that CB to play simple passes and mark opponent tightly

Victor has very good passing ability - I would get him to play long ranges passes and switch the ball to the other flank
Do you have a player who can curl the ball!??? if so get him to train Victor.

I hope this helps.

Who is your captain mate!??? If it was me, I would set your general training to ball control and proitorise your players weakest areas in the first couple of seasons. Then set them to the individual role you want to play them at. Also train PPM's has this will improve their attributes.

I would train that CB to play simple passes and mark opponent tightly

Victor has very good passing ability - I would get him to play long ranges passes and switch the ball to the other flank
Do you have a player who can curl the ball!??? if so get him to train Victor.

I hope this helps.

Heres my Captain, he isnt amazing stat wise but has excellent Determination and Influence (which are captain stats I think). This could be all luck but I feel like my team plays much much better when he is on the pitch.
I will start training up these players ASAP! I'm not sure if I have someone who can curl the ball, I think Taarabt can.
Yeah long passing training could possibly work quite well with Victor due to his excellent passing.

Thanks very much mate. You have been very helpful.

View attachment 318265

Heres my Captain, he isnt amazing stat wise but has excellent Determination and Influence (which are captain stats I think). This could be all luck but I feel like my team plays much much better when he is on the pitch.
I will start training up these players ASAP! I'm not sure if I have someone who can curl the ball, I think Taarabt can.
Yeah long passing training could possibly work quite well with Victor due to his excellent passing.

Thanks very much mate. You have been very helpful.

View attachment 318265

yeah his a workhorse. I didn't think he developed like that. He might be able to train Victor, however the language barrier might come has a stumbling block. - I might buy him in my Port Vale save. (H)

Anyhow good luck with your save - looks like you are building a solid foundation.

yeah his a workhorse. I didn't think he developed like that. He might be able to train Victor, however the language barrier might come has a stumbling block. - I might buy him in my Port Vale save. (H)

Anyhow good luck with your save - looks like you are building a solid foundation.

Yeah he was amazing for me in the championship and is holding his own in the premier league for now.

Thanks mate! Your help was much appreciated

Your strikers look very good, players can continue to develop fast upto about 24 then they slow down so your players have plenty of time to improve!

Sup guys, I spent some VERY hefty fees (maybe not hefty for some people but for a club of my stature it was very hefty) of around a total of 15 million to bring these players into my squad. After gaining promotion to the premier league I had a big struggle to avoid relegation in my first season there. Start of the transfer window I brought these guys in and this is half way through the season.
Will these guys improve much more? Do I have great players on my hands at the moment or are they almost maxed? What age do players generally stop growth?
Thanks! (Boroswki has a random image I found on the internet because his random generator image was god awful to look at)

View attachment 318261View attachment 318262View attachment 318263View attachment 318264

Formiga will become an animal, with his 18 natural fitness expect him to play until the age of 34/35 at least

Barowski, nothing wrong with him either, good player and will also get better

Victor needs a really good tutor to jump start his mental stats, maybe someone like De Rossi if he is still around, I just bought him at 35 for 5m and he is brilliant still!

Juan Gomez needs a lot of physical training which usually eats up the most PA! lacks a bit of composure for a defender and his marking and heading stats are not the best, also not great technically...

Thanks guys!
Appreciate the links too, very helpful indeed!

I might try buy De Rossi once the season ends. He is 34 at the moment in my save.

How did you do that?!

I am using the Megaface pack mod. I turn on player ID in the football manager options, write down Boroswkis ID and enter it into the XML file in the facepack mod folder along with the image I got.

I am using the Megaface pack mod. I turn on player ID in the football manager options, write down Boroswkis ID and enter it into the XML file in the facepack mod folder along with the image I got.

Cheers. Any idea if it works with yourself in the game? (So I can add a manager picture to myself, as I didn't when I first started the save but I'm tired of the weird blue blob the facepack I am using give me :L )

How do you get so much room on the screen? Where you have career achievements and biography, that space isnt there for me

Maybe my resolution? I play at 1920x1080 so that could have game me more screen room.

Cheers. Any idea if it works with yourself in the game? (So I can add a manager picture to myself, as I didn't when I first started the save but I'm tired of the weird blue blob the facepack I am using give me :L )

Sorry no clue, that annoyed me too before :(

Quick update on Formiga and Borowski. Two of them are having an amazing season and scoring a lot of goals. Formiga is the leading scorer in the BPL by around 10 goals and I still have 10 more BPL matches to play.
A major highlight for Formiga was definitely a 7-3 win over Liverpool where he scored all 7 goals. I could not believe it!
I am slightly concerned about their star ratings. Should I be? Should I cash in on Frank or keep him for a few more years?

View attachment 331658View attachment 331659

Last edited: