Will this count as Home Grown Status?

Drinu01

Reaction score
So if you sign (in my case) a Brazilian player who's 16years old, he will only join a BPL club when he turns 18.
Will he be listed as a home grown player once he turns 21 or must he have joined the club before he turns 18 so as to spent 3 full years at the club?

Thanks

I think as long as he signs when he is still 18 he will become home grown after spending 3 full years at your club. If you loan him out to a team from the same nation though he will just be home grown for that nation and not from your club. I think that's right anyway.

So if you sign (in my case) a Brazilian player who's 16years old, he will only join a BPL club when he turns 18.
Will he be listed as a home grown player once he turns 21 or must he have joined the club before he turns 18 so as to spent 3 full years at the club?

Thanks

As long as the player signs before he is 19 then you should be fine. If you decide you want to loan him out for match experience then only loan to clubs in the same nation. If you loan elsewhere then you will ruin the chance of him getting home grown status.