Will United survive without Sir Alex?????

MUFC4EV@

Reaction score
BREAKING NEWS!

Sir Alex Retires!!!
Manchester United's long serving manager Sir Alex Ferguson has decided to resign from his post and retire from all aspects of football. The reason for his decision are currently unknown for the time being, but rumors suggest that he was forced into the decision due to health reasons.

Already Inter Milan manager Jose Mourinho has been touted as the bookies favourite, although David Moyes, Martin O'Neill and Fergie's son Darren have been liked with the vacant post.

More to follow soon............

yep, gunna be a long one too not like some others do on here

My advice is to buy more english players than foreigners,I don't really like seeing an english team with 80% of the team is foreigners

I'm gonna follow

yes like playin'fm says sign english players not foreigners good start

Good luck mate, as a fellow Man Utd fan, I will follow your story:)

I'll be following too! I've just made one as well, so let's see how our seasons end up! :D

United Shock the world with New Manager

Manchester United have today announced that Unknown rookie manager Lee Thornton has been named as their replacement for retired Sir Alex Ferguson.
Most of Uniteds worldwide fans are not too happy with the appointment of an un-proven manager, reports suggest that Thornton was recormended by Fergie after his resingation.

Fergie backs new boss
Sir Alex Ferguson has backed newly appointed manger Lee Thornton to bring more success to Old Trafford. Sir Alex also confirmed rumors that he had recormended Thornton to replace him as he is a close friend of his ever since scouting Lee over 10 years ago.
Thornton never made it pro because a carrer ending injury ended his hopes of joining United's youth academy. Since then Sir Alex has taught Lee everything he knows about Football Managment to hopfully groom into Britians next great manager.

Best of luck matey hope you stay as long as ferguson has be great to se a man united story go the full way

Answer to your question...NO
But good luck trying ^^)

bbcsports.png

Thornton To Spend Wisely

Newly appointed manager Lee Thornton has been given a healthy £60M transfer budget to spend during the current transfer window, but dispite huge budget he has comfirmed that he does not plan to spend it all, and would rather look to signing younger talet for bargain prices.

He also comfirmed that he will be searching for a long term replacements for Ronaldo and Tevez who recently left the club.

Thornton Make First Signings

Manchester United have today completed the signing of Argentinian wonderkid Angel Di Maria from Benfica for just £4M.

266800.png

Also United have been liked to Wolsburg foward Edin Dzeko, but rivals Chelsea are also intrested.

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

Transfer Summary

Manchester United was very busy during the transfer window signing no less than 4 new players.

Transfers In-
E. Dzeko - £17M - Wolsburg
After having bids for Lukas Podolski and Adriano rejected, United turned their atttentions to Bosnian International Edin Dzeko, Chelsea also had a bid accepted but Edin chose to join United.http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgu...m=1&hl=en&rlz=1T4SKPB_enGB337GB345&tbs=isch:1

A.Di Maria - £4M - Benfica
Was Thornton's first United signing, seen as the long term replacement for veteran Ryan Giggs.http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgu...m=1&hl=en&rlz=1T4SKPB_enGB337GB345&tbs=isch:1

S. El Shaarawy - £2.6M - Genoa
At only the age of 16, the highly rated Italian winger is seen as the long term replacement for Ronaldo, and tipped by Thornton to become the best of his generation.http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgu...l=en&sa=N&rlz=1T4SKPB_enGB337GB345&tbs=isch:1

R. Van Der Vaart - Loan - Real Madrid
After failing to agree a transfer fee, the two clubs agreed that a season-long-loan was the best option until a fee can be negotiated. http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgu...m=1&hl=en&rlz=1T4SKPB_enGB337GB345&tbs=isch:1

Owen (Free), Vanlencia (£16M) and Obertan (£3M) was also signed before Ferguson retired.

No players were sold by United during the trasfer window, but younger players such as Welback, Macheda, Brandy, Heaton among other were loan out.

United lose in Community Sheild

chelcupget_1459156i.jpg

Chelsea have defeated Man Utd 2-0 to win the FA Community Shield.
Thornton is obviously disapointed but the season has only just begun and there are 4 more trophys to challenge for as United are bookies favourites to retain the Premiership Crown.

Next update coming soon Maybe tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for following hopeyou enjoy my long and hopfully successfully united carrer.​

Ouch >.< Always tough to start against Chelsea... Did they buy Cassano in your game too? I hate him o_O

Tough loss to take, but hopefully you'll bounce back!

August Review

Results-

Man Utd 4-0 Hull City
Man Utd 0-0 Liverpool
Portsmouth 1-4 Man Utd
Aston Villa 2-5 Man Utd

After losing 2-0 to Chelsea in the FA Community Sheild, United bounced back with great start to the season, United currently stand on top of the table with 10 points. Chelsea are 2nd, also on 10 points.
United also came back from behind to win games against Aston Villa and Pompey.

Man Utd Manager Player Of The Month-
Wayne Rooney

rooney.jpg

Rooney had a fantastic start to the campain, scoring 7 goals in the opening 4 Premiership Matches, including a hat-trick during the 5-2 victory over Aston Villa.
---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

champions-league-logo1.jpg

Group Stage Draw

Manchester United have been drawn in group A with Sporting Lisbon, Dianamo Kiev and Partizan.
Meanwhile Chelsea have been Drawn in the same group as Real Madrid, while Arsenal and Inter Milan have been drawn together.

Odds-
5-1 Barcelona
5-1 Real Madrid
15-2 Man Utd
17-2 Chelsea

Group A
Man Utd
Sporting Lisborn
Dianamo Kiev
Partizan

Last edited:
try adding screen shots not just text and player of the month awards and leagues and champions league group fa cup ties league cup ties and so on makes the story better great month though.