Willsters Little DIAMOND 442!!

Willster

Reaction score
442 Diamond Home & Away Tactic is HERE!!

The home tactic is used obviously at Home against anyone. I used the Home tactic away at nearly every team except the big 4. The away tactic I used to defend a lead or against the Big 4 away from home. Try to mix it up a little guys when using the tactic. Also I have put my corner routine in there also which yielded me 18goals last season, majority scored by VIDIC!!

Anyway I have posted screenies. Unlike some folk. Leave feedback good and bad.

Willster:D

And just for good measure I just won the treble too.!!

looks nice, looks a WHOLE lot like my tactic just with wingers in MR and ML instead of AMR, and AML...:)

Im gonna play that next year with liverpool should work.

Corners.png

Corners work haha

i use this tactic and what a successful one it has turned out to be!!!

background: i felt like playing a real managerial career, from the League 1 up (or downwards)

i chose leeds as my first station and tried several tactics out, in fact a similar one to this! i won the league, so i got promoted to Championship.

i strenghtened the squad with free transfer players, loans and a few expensive players like Joe Mattock.

By end of december, my Leeds team stood in 2nd place!

Then Blackburn Rovers approached me, at that time in 16th place with 16 points
Record: Won 3, Drawn 7, Lost 7... goal difference 16:25

from the very beginning, i used this tactic. my first game in charge was at home to west brom, which we lost. my team were now ranked at 18, which means relegation.

then, luckily, the 1st of january came.

they offered me a transfer budget of 26.5 M € (which i wisely split up and signed many players for monthly installments 24 and a relatively small immediate fee).
also, i sold some dead wood for a 28 M (Roque was already sold one season ago)

the players i brought in were:
Mamadou Sakho, Diego Buonanotte, Keirrison, Materazzi (altough he was just back up, for 90 k :D), Salomon Kalou, Rafael Carioca, Sergio Asenjo as well as Rafael (from ManU on Loan) for a total value of 74 M €.

i felt confident that i wont get relegated, because of the players i bought. I did know however that after so many new players, it would take time for them to gel and to get used to the new tactic for this team.

and my confidence turned out to be right!!!

i had an incredible run of 14 games without defeat (the last one due to a 92 minute counter attack goal from chelsea) and my team finished at 7th on the very last day of the league!

MY record was:
12 Wins, 7 Draws, 2 Losses.... 43 Points and a goal difference of 45:27
i have also scored 20 Goals from corners, another advantage of this tactic!

I want to thank you for your tactic, it has helped me a lot! THANK YOU! :D

here some screenshots

http://img149.imageshack.us/my.php?image=blackburnlu0.jpg

my.php

URL%5D

http://img510.imageshack.us/my.php?image=blackburn2da6.jpg

my.php

and just some remarkable results

Blackburn - Man Utd 4:3 (first 2:0 up, then 2:3 down, then equalised and got the winner in the 92nd)

Liverpool - Blackburn 3:3 (i was 3:0 up by minute 69. then got the equaliser thru a 93min penalty - materazzi had 2 big errors and he just came on at min 65... rating: 3.8 !!!)

Blackburn - Aston Villa 6:1 !!!! (in Round 36 when Villa was 5 points in front of me before that match and anything else but a win would have killed my minimal hopes of european competition. in fact that high 5 goal winning margin gave me the upper hand on man city who had also finished with 59 points, villa had 58)

Edit: in difficult away matches i removed the arrows, but the settings remained the same as in the Home matches.

Sometimes I also changed the Team Mentality to a little bit more attacking, but i found that this had not changed very much so I suggest to leave it as it is.

Last edited:
2nd season with blackburn has started, still using this tactic
brought in 8 players, but so far only 3 of them have made it into the starting line-up so they didn't take much time to gel

UEFA Cup: walked over 3rd and 4th Qualifying Round, then won first group match against main opponents Sporting away 3:1 (other teams in group levski and hapoel)

Premier League: 5 games played, 5 wins

Table (Top 5): Blackburn 15 - Chelsea 11 - Man City 11 - L'Pool 11 - Man U 9

i must admit that i hadn't the toughest of starts, playing the likes of: Wigan, Sunderland, Boro, Pompey

but in round 5 at home i just managed to beat arsenal 2:1 (93nd Minute, Robert Lewandowski :D)

Summary: 11 Competitive Matches this Season so far - 11 wins

(taking the last season in account, my premier league record is now 19 games without a defeat and won last 8)

2nd season with blackburn has started, still using this tactic
brought in 8 players, but so far only 3 of them have made it into the starting line-up so they didn't take much time to gel

UEFA Cup: walked over 3rd and 4th Qualifying Round, then won first group match against main opponents Sporting away 3:1 (other teams in group levski and hapoel)

Premier League: 5 games played, 5 wins

Table (Top 5): Blackburn 15 - Chelsea 11 - Man City 11 - L'Pool 11 - Man U 9

i must admit that i hadn't the toughest of starts, playing the likes of: Wigan, Sunderland, Boro, Pompey

but in round 5 at home i just managed to beat arsenal 2:1 (93nd Minute, Robert Lewandowski :D)

Summary: 11 Competitive Matches this Season so far - 11 wins

(taking the last season in account, my premier league record is now 19 games without a defeat and won last 8)

Glad to see it's working for you. Enjoy.

Willster:D

Its still working guys, no change to the tactic in 4 seasons.

Same results!!

Diamond Formation

When you state, mix it up? What do you mean?

Thanx

442 Daimond always occurs to have errors vs teams that play 442 Normal or when opponent managers is smart, they play like 4-5-1, with two AM, one keeping DM busy, the other making your defenders confuse so there striker gets chances all the time. I see it work in England, but dear, dont bother trying it in Spain.

I agree with Chrono, I wouldn't personally play a 4-4-2 diamond because I feel it leaves the central of your midfield way too open, especially against defensive teams.

Generally, I'd go flat 4-4-2, with wingers pushing up on the attack.

You cant argue with the results fellas, I hardly concede any goals playing this way, 17 goals conceded all season. My defence is solid!! So I disagree entirely!! The proof is there.

Willster

Last edited:
You cant argue with the results fellas, I hardly concede any goals playing this way, 17 goals conceded all season. My defence is solid!! So I disagree entirely!! The proof is there.

Willster

It's a personal opinion thing, I suppose. It just looks like a huge gap in the middle of the park. I feel the same about playing Attacking Midfielders high up on the wings, the flanks then look empty. I almost always put my distribution to down the flanks when I see an opposition team doing that. Combine it with setting by full backs on man mark and less forward runs and you normally boss the wings.

But, like you say, this works, and you've got the proof. No questioning it works for you!

hey Willster its my lovely diamond! ive been trying to create something similar before but no success. im going to test it out and update you.

one question - why in away tactic you swapped you wingers and wing backs? is that a weaker foot issue?

lol my first match of the season and Portsmouth already winning 4:0 at minute 13?! dude this isnt adding much optimism already...

lol my first match of the season and Portsmouth already winning 4:0 at minute 13?! dude this isnt adding much optimism already...

Lol in 4 seasons I have never lost by anymore than 2 goals lol. Keep believing!!