ArchieGemmo

Reaction score
View attachment 273328

AFC Wimbledon, founded in 2002 after the unpopular decision to move and re-brand Wimbledon FC into MK Dons. In their relatively short history AFC Wimbledon have risen through the conferences and now find themselves in league 2.

View attachment 273327

The long term goal of this save is to establish AFC Wimbledon in the football league by rising through the divisions. Throughout this save i will try to increase the clubs fanbase and improve there facilities so there is once again a strong Wimbledon team in the top tier of English football

KEY PLAYERS

View attachment 273326

View attachment 273325

View attachment 273313

First Story so any tips or pointers as to setup etc. then please feel free to let me know. There will be another update tonight.

Looking good so far mate, keep it up! I'm currently doing a Luton save trying to get back into the big time!

Thanks guys. I done 10 seasons of a Portsmouth season and took them to the top but i got bored with all the regens and the prices of players rocketing. I also never really developed the stadium and facilities as i was going as Portsmouth already have great facilities and don't really have the money to do so.

Hoping with wimbledon i can develop on the way and keep a close eye on finances.

Looking forward to the challenge! Come on you Dons!

View attachment 273081

PRE-SEASON FIXTURES

Wimbledon 4-0 Wimbledon U21
Rigg 9
Francomb 21
Oshilaja 56
O.G. 90

A very comfortable win as expected. Good start to pre-season.

Wimbledon 2-3 Leyton Orient
Akinfenwa 5, 12

After a great start to the game we failed to hold onto the lead with 3 second half goals for Leyton Orient.

Wimbledon 6-1 Newcastle U21
Connelly 8
Francomb 17, 34
Oshilaja 28
Jacquart 63
Azeez 73

Back to winning way and taking plenty of chances. Much better performance

Wimbledon 0-0 Peterborough

Good to keep a clean sheet against a team in a higher division. Hopefully the defence can continue to keep the opposing strikers at bay!

FC United 1-3 Wimbledon
Oshilaja 27, 54
Goodman 67

Comfortable away win. Exactly what i expected!

Overall a good good pre-season with 3 wins out of 5 and a draw with a opponent of a higher standard. The only slight concern i have is the fact that we have only kept 2 clean sheet in 5, especially against Newcastle U21 and FC United i was expecting not to conceed! Looking forward ti getting the season underway!

PLAYER OF PRE-SEASON

View attachment 273072

Tough choice between Adedeji Oshilaja ( 4 goals from CB ) and George Francomb but with 3 goals and 3 assists Francomb just edges this one. Lets hope he can continue this into the season!

STARTING LINEUPS

View attachment 273069View attachment 273068

Last edited:
View attachment 273036

August

Wimbledon 2-1 Exeter
Hands 43
Akinfenwa 62

After going 1-0 down Hands converts a superb free kick before half time to make my half time team talk a little easier. Wimbledon come out and dominate the second half and we finally get our reward in the 62nd minute when a ball over the top finds the beast Akinfenwa and he coolie slots home the winner

Wimbledon 1-0 Birmingham ( League Cup)
Van Dijk 31

After a long spell of Birmingham pressure Wimbledon break up the park and have there first shot on goal, great save by the Birmingham keeper however all he can do is push the ball to Van Dijk he calmly rolls the ball into the empty net. Birmingham huffed and puffed at the front door however the Dons held strong! Great scalp!

Newport Co. 2-1 Wimbledon
Akinfenwa 46

Poor 1st half damaged our chances of winning this game 2-0 at the break. Akinfenwa gives us a little hope in the second half scoring early and the comeback was surely complete when the ball finds the Newport net again however the celebrations are short lived as the linesmans flag is up. Disappointing 1st defeat!

Wimbledon 1-0 Wycombe
Akinfenwa 24

Akinfenwa gives Wimbledon a vital win with his 3rd goal of the campaign! However disaster strikes when he and Francomb are taking off injured at the start of the second half. Both players will be out for the next 4-5 weeks

Tranmere 1-1 Wimbledon
Taylor 71

With the injuries racking up taylor manges to wriggle into a bit of space inside the box and finishes superbly to give Wimbedon the lead! 90 minutes gone the game is surely won now? Wait!! Tranmere are breaking up the field, the ball is moved to the left wing, he cuts inside and shoots... GOAL what a strike! There is nothing the keeper could do, top corner! A share of the spoils

West Ham 4-2 Wimbledon
Kennedy 17
Azeez 63
Oshilaja S/O

As if things weren't going to be hard enough Oshilaja is sent off within 5mins for a last man tackle. 3-1 down at half time, 4-2 at full time. Not one we expected to win, respectable result with 10 men!

Wimbledon 2-2 Mansfield
Tanner 25
Azeez 90

Such a frustrating game! We have 7 injuries and 1 ban o go into this game this includes our 2 cbs, our 2 wingers and our striker! Wimbledon take the lead through tanner however mansfield equalise before half time. After a boring second half all **** breaks loose in the dying minutes. The balls crossed into the box from deep and Azeez converts from 6 yards out. 3 minutes added time to go, 1 minute down, 2 minutes down, final minute of added time is up! Wheres the whistle ref???? Mansfield wingers cuts inside, squares to the striker, Goal! Unbelievable Jeff. Final Score 2-2.

Mixed start to the season. This month could have been so much better if it wasn't fr 2 last minute goals from Tranmere and Mansfield. Instead of 12 points from 5 games we end the month with 8. Still firmly in touching distance with the early leaders. In contrast i was over the moon with out League Cup performance a win against Birmingham, 2 divisions higher than ourselves and a respectable 4-2 defeat t premier league west ham.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH

View attachment 273030
Akinfenwa had an excellent start to the campaign and was unfortunate to pick up an injury. 4 games 3 goals get the big man player of the month.​

View attachment 272881

SEPTEMBER

Southend 1-3 Wimbledon (JP Trophy)
Azeez 7,52
Tanner 23

Very comfortable and satisfying win in the first round of the cup lets hope we can repeat this next game in he league against the same opposition.

Southend 0-2 Wimbledon
Tanner 71,78

Left it a bit later this time but always in control of the game! Tanner seems to be hitting a bit of form in September in Akinfenwa's absence. Long may it continue!

Wimbledon 3-0 Stevenage
Fosu 9
Van dijk 50,65

Stevenage are comfortably brushed aside by a dominant Wimbledon side. This takes us to 5 games unbeaten in the league! Momentum is starting to build for the Dons.

Northampton 1-4 Wimbledon
Akinfenwa 13,45+1,90+1
Tanner 45+2

Free Flowing Wimbledon continue to blow away opponents. Akinfenwa marks his return to the side with a hatrick! 6 games unbeaten in the league!

Wimbledon 0-0 Carlisle

Very disappointed in what was a dull affair between Wimbledon and Carlisle. With Carlisle sitting close to the bottom and with all the goals we have been scoring this has to go down as 2 points dropped

Oxford 2-2 Wimbledon
Fosu 25
Goodman 50

1st top of the table clash between Oxford (1st) and Wimbedon (2nd) finishes in a scored draw. After being 2-1 down at half time this seems to be a decent result away from home and brings to a close an unbeaten month.

View attachment 272879
View attachment 272878

PLAYER OF THE MONTH

View attachment 272876
View attachment 272875

With 3 goals and 3 assists each both Akinfenwa and Fosu deserve player of the month

Last edited:
View attachment 271458

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

View attachment 271456View attachment 271457

With 7 wins, 5 draws and 5 loses this has been a very frustrating 3 months. October started really poorly with a bad run of results, only to be followed with a fantastic 10 game unbeaten run! So many up and down results has left us starting January in 6th. I didnt make any predictions for this season at the start of this as i thought with the funds available the squad might be too weak, however after half the season gone i think this seasons objective will be top 3 (automatic promotion). Come on you Dons!!

PLAYER OF THE 3 MONTHS

View attachment 271454

With 6 goals from the wing Fosu gets the nod. Signing of he season so far!​

View attachment 270353

January

Wimbledon 2-0 Shrewsbury
Akinfenwa 47, 75

Good start to the month against a tough opponent and very nice to get a clean sheet as well!

Wimbledon 1-0 Newport Co.

Fosu (Pen) 30

This could have been s much more comfortable! Completely dominated the from start to finish. However another clean sheet from the defence ensures victory no2 in january

Wycombe 1-2 Wimbledon
Reeves 11
Fosu 63

Great performance against another top team in the league to keep our unbeaten record for january going! Could this month be the making of our season?

Wimbledon 1-0 Tranmere
Fosu 30

Fosu scores his 3rd of the month to take his season total to 12 for the season. 3 clean sheets out of 4 means an unbeaten January with 4 wins out of 4!

Absolutely delighted about this month the a perfect run of 4 wins in 4 and a clean sheet in 3 out of 4 games! A manager of the month caps of January. Things are definitely on the up at Wimbledon Come on you Dons!

View attachment 270350View attachment 270348

ADDITION

With 2k wages still available we manage to pick up a bit of cover for fuso with the signing of
Bingen Erdozia for £425 per week

View attachment 270345

PLAYER OF THE MONTH

View attachment 270347
With 3 clean sheets out of 4 this months best player goes to Adedeji Oshilaja​

Last edited:
Cheers man! Didn't get a chance to do that update last night should hopefully get it done tonight.

View attachment 267499

Feb - May

Unfortunately due to circumstances outwith my control i haven't been able to post regular updates so i'm going to run through the remainder of the year and pick up with the monthly updates after that

Schedule

View attachment 267498

The last few months were the most difficult of the full season with an average squad and injuries taking there toll the results were very poor. It took a week week surge at the end of the season to rescue what looked like an almighty fall from summit of the league in january!

League Table

View attachment 267494
Delighted to have secured automatic promotion. From the beginning i never thought this team had what it takes to gain automatic promotion however they proved me wrong! Fantastic achievement securing AFC Wimbledons highest ever league finish and there 1st promotion to League 1! However these players proved to me over March and April that they are not good enough for the next level and there will be a massive overhaul in the summer!

Player of the Year

View attachment 267493
View attachment 267491

Manager of the Year

View attachment 267490

Other Leagues

View attachment 267489
View attachment 267488
View attachment 267487