Windowed Mode

Yellaforeva

Reaction score
Can someone help me because i cant get my game into windowed mode
any tips?

thanks in advance

its on preferences under display and sound and its says windowed change that to default its should be fine after that

Go to the FM09 Shortcut on your desktop, right click then go to properties, in the targets box there should be something that reads similar to this this:

"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe"

Add the follwing on to the end of the text: -small_screen -windowed. so the end of the targets filed reads like this:

.............Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" -small_screen -windowed

why would you want it in windowed mode?

Go to the FM09 Shortcut on your desktop, right click then go to properties, in the targets box there should be something that reads similar to this this:

"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe"

Add the follwing on to the end of the text: -small_screen -windowed. so the end of the targets filed reads like this:

.............Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" -small_screen -windowed

ive just tried this mate and it didnt work
it just comes up with
make sure the path and file names are correct

ive just tried this mate and it didnt work
it just comes up with
make sure the path and file names are correct

im doing it from memory as im at work. it might be:

.............Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" --small_screen -windowed

i cant remember exactly. if no-one else puts it up by about 330 then i'll be home and confirm what it says and post it ok mate?

In your Preferences, go to Display and Sound, then go to Display Mode, change whatever it is on at the moment to Windowed. Simple.

This works, because I have just changed it to Windowed.

Last edited:
changing to windowed mode doesnt alwaysw work for me. sopy and paste this exactly into targets after right clicking the fm icon and selecting properties and it will work:

"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" -small_screen -windowed

That won't work for me, because in properties, my target is:

"C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 10540

why would you want it in windowed mode?

i would rather it in windowed mode as i use a wirless internet connection and it cuts out when it goes to full screen . . used to use windowed and wouldn't get cut out but it wont let me go windowed now:'(XD

in your display properties, change the screen resloution to 1280x1024, then select windowed mode from the preferences. worked for me :)

when i run fm via steam trying to get it windowed just doesnt work :mad:

changing to windowed mode doesnt alwaysw work for me. sopy and paste this exactly into targets after right clicking the fm icon and selecting properties and it will work:

"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" -small_screen -windowed

Cheers mate it works perfectly now
thanks for the help everyone

Does'nt It Depend on What Size Monitor You Have?
I Think You Need To have A 17'' Or Larger To Use Windowed Mode.
Thats Why It Doesn't Work On Mine Because It's Only 15''.

^No.

Mine is 15.4" and is fine in windowed.

I think as long as your resolution is greater then 1024 x 768 it can be put into Windowed Mode through the preferences.