ajt09

Nice Guy Gramps
Reaction score
Hey all, got a problem that hopefully someone knows something about.
I need to install the latest important Windows update for laptop. It says its successfully download, then it does the restart thing. Then it says its failed to configure the windows update (for the service pack), restarts laptop then says it failed to install, issuing this message in details

Error_Transactional_Conflict (0x80071a90)

The OS I'm using is Windows 7 32 bit Home Premium

Any helpm gratefully appreciated as been trying for over an hour and a half now

try to do it disabling your antivirus

tell me if works

No joy afraid. The message changed too to Error_Not_Found (0x80070490). Peeved now. Mate checked google and just came across Vista problems. Grrrr :mad:

Is the file available to be downloaded from Microsoft's website and installed manually?

try using windows 7 troubleshooter

mate i work reparing computers everyday trust me this problem its no big deal ;)

Is the file available to be downloaded from Microsoft's website and installed manually?

Think so-will have a look. Its weird though-all the rest of the updates worked perfectly fine except this final one. Its just weird it say its installed-then says it isnt lol

---------- Post added at 06:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 AM ----------

try using windows 7 troubleshooter

mate i work reparing computers everyday trust me this problem its no big deal ;)

Tried that mate-didn't work either. maybe theirs a compatibility issue?

i was reading the way to fix it and its too complicated

the worst part i can only find it in spanish :mad:

i was reading the way to fix it and its too complicated

I'm gonna try the manual download and see what happens. checked the properties to make sure wasn't installed already, but its not. have a feeling this could be a long night lol

finished translating |)

This error can occur if there is a corrupted file in the manifest model of component-based service (CBS). To solve this, you must perform a repair installation.

When you perform a repair installation will restore the current installation of Windows to install the DVD version. This procedure also requires the installation of all the updates that are not included in the installation DVD.

Note: The repair installation will not damage the files and programs that are currently installed on your computer.

To perform a repair installation of Windows 7, follow these steps:

1. Close all programs and then restart the computer.

2. Insert the DVD of Windows 7 in the computer's DVD drive.

3. In the Settings window, click Install Now.
Note: If Windows does not automatically detect the DVD, follow these steps:

a. Click this button imageExpand InicioCollapse this image and then type drive: \ setup.exe in the search box.
Note: the placeholder drive is the letter of the computer's DVD drive.

b. In the Programs list, click Setup.exe.

c. In the Settings window, click Install Now.

d. Click Get the latest updates on the Internet for installation (recommended).

e. Click Yes to accept the License Terms of Microsoft software.

f. In the What do type of installation you want?, Click Update.
Once installation is complete, restart the computer and try installing the updates

it was translated by me (H)
but im no good at english either :p

finished translating |)

This error can occur if there is a corrupted file in the manifest model of component-based service (CBS). To solve this, you must perform a repair installation.

When you perform a repair installation will restore the current installation of Windows to install the DVD version. This procedure also requires the installation of all the updates that are not included in the installation DVD.

Note: The repair installation will not damage the files and programs that are currently installed on your computer.

To perform a repair installation of Windows 7, follow these steps:

1. Close all programs and then restart the computer.

2. Insert the DVD of Windows 7 in the computer's DVD drive.

3. In the Settings window, click Install Now.
Note: If Windows does not automatically detect the DVD, follow these steps:

a. Click this button imageExpand InicioCollapse this image and then type drive: \ setup.exe in the search box.
Note: the placeholder drive is the letter of the computer's DVD drive.

b. In the Programs list, click Setup.exe.

c. In the Settings window, click Install Now.

d. Click Get the latest updates on the Internet for installation (recommended).

e. Click Yes to accept the License Terms of Microsoft software.

f. In the What do type of installation you want?, Click Update.
Once installation is complete, restart the computer and try installing the updates

it was translated by me (H)
but im no good at english either :p

wow that was a quick translation lol. Cheers for that. However, Windows was already installed so don't have disc :'(. Have a feeling will be putting hand in pocket

Thanks for that-we appear to have progress at last :). Fingers crossed..........

Right, I've installed the hotfix file. Do i just install the SP update now and if so manually or just auto?

Last edited:
does it worked ??

its 3:00 am where i live and i got school tomorrow :p

Its just installed the hotfix file just now-so the rest of the updates should be okay now? School? And you know this all already? jesus you're pretty good lol

edit-doin auto now

Its just installed the hotfix file just now-so the rest of the updates should be okay now? School? And you know this all already? jesus you're pretty good lol

edit-doin auto now

im 15 (H)

btw fingers crossed XD

PM if it didnt worked

Will do mate. Would think Microsoft would check these things out before making them available.