Windows FM11 Installation Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deslandes

Reaction score
So, my computer crashed and was formated. I installed Windows XP Professional some moments ago, and, as I'm going to some countryside house the next 2 days, I decided to install FM11 so that I could have some fun there if I had nothing to do.
Then I installed the game, but, when I went to "My Documents" folder to paste the saved game I had copied to a USB pen before, there wasn't any Sports Interactive folder there.
And when I run the game, it doesn't open and it says sth about a graphics problem.

What can I do?

have you got anything in "(C:)-- Program Files---- Sports Interactive--- Football Manager 2011"???

have you got anything in "(C:)-- Program Files---- Sports Interactive--- Football Manager 2011"???

Yes, the usual things. data, fm, all the stuff which used to be there before the formatting

try to clean the registry first

sorry, I'm portuguese, you'll have to explain me what the registry is plz ^^)

---------- Post added at 06:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 AM ----------

I've re-re-installed and now I have the Sports Interactive folder in My Documents but the game has still the same problem

delete the settings folder ?

registry has to be clean with a program with that func tion, exp cc cleaner

Use search and read the stickies in future:
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f115/xml-issues-failed-to-set-up-graphics-and-crash-dumps-t50859.html

Sorry if I seem blunt, but it seems to happen a lot. People don't bother checking if someone else already had the problem they had.

sorry. I promised I searched for a thread but I was looking for sth with instalation problems on it.I'll close this one then.

Thx

---------- Post added at 06:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 AM ----------

delete the settings folder ?

registry has to be clean with a program with that func tion, exp cc cleaner

I can't open the internet, don't have ccleaner. Only FM11 and Office

---------- Post added at 06:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 AM ----------

have you gone to the thread tharros has put up?

will go now. thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.