Wing Adv Playmakers/Multiple Adv Playmakers

baltar

Reaction score
I'm playing as Inter and I've got Renato Augusto and Coutinho in their primes, as well as aging guys like Sneidjer and Iniesta. I'm currently playing a 4-2-3-1 with 3 AMCs, using Sneidjer as a Adv Playmaker Attack in the center spot, with Augusto and Coutinho as attacking midfielders on either side. I want more width in my tactic, as my fullbacks aren't very attacking and I'm hitting a poor patch of form. Since Augusto and Coutinho both profile well as adv playmakers, might it be a good idea to play 3 adv playmakers (AML AMC AMR), or is that duplication of role a bad idea that could get me fired? I'm currently 5 points back in 6th place in Serie A in late October, and I fear that if I screw up my next tactical change I won't have a chance to make another major one before I get canned.

TL;DR: Is playing 3 adv playmakers AML AMC AMR a bad idea?

That a pretty good question! you need to give more details about the philosophy your looking for. you might as well put all three in the middle because either way you wont get much width out of three players in the same role. if your full backs arent getting forward effectively it could be a problem. the problem is the players you have, all four you have mentioned want that central spot in your midfield. i would say two options would be put all three centrally and play narrow through the middle, with an attacking mid in the centre of the trio and two adv playmakers or stay wide, play coutinho on the left as an adv playmaker cutting inside and put renato on the right as a winger who puts crosses in and that should keep you in a job till you can buy some attacking fullbacks or out and out wingers.