Wing backs and inside forwards

Olelbis

Reaction score
Guys i am losing my mind, except a year with chelsea testing 3 or 4 tactics on my own and a little saving loading against liverpool, that i did the quadruple, i can manage to finish a year regularly, cause i am getting upset with tactics and always trying to create a better one.

i have 2 questions
a) how is possible to have wing backs to run down and ******* cross a ball to the penalty area, without stopping changing foot and passing the ball behind?
b) how is possible to have your inside ************* forwards to cut inside from wing and pass low ball to the advance forward

i have more frustrating questions but lets just stay with these

Unfortunately FM23 match engine has its limitation, and this is one of it. What you see in a 3d match preview in some cases isn't representative of what is really going on in algorithm.
Wingbacks not crossing and inside forwards not choosing the easy pass is connected to this. It might look that your player is open, but match engine is recognizing that defending player is too close for your wingback/inside forward to cross/pass.

However, you can always try to set up "Hit early crosses" and "Overlap left/right" to maximize your odds.
Next thing you can do is to set up individual instruction to "cross from deep". It might increase the amount of crosses they are putting in.

For your inside forwards, maybe "shorter passing" and "shoot less often" will help with picking the better pass.

Unfortunately FM23 match engine has its limitation, and this is one of it. What you see in a 3d match preview in some cases isn't representative of what is really going on in algorithm.
Wingbacks not crossing and inside forwards not choosing the easy pass is connected to this. It might look that your player is open, but match engine is recognizing that defending player is too close for your wingback/inside forward to cross/pass.

However, you can always try to set up "Hit early crosses" and "Overlap left/right" to maximize your odds.
Next thing you can do is to set up individual instruction to "cross from deep". It might increase the amount of crosses they are putting in.

For your inside forwards, maybe "shorter passing" and "shoot less often" will help with picking the better pass.
Thanks for the reply, i ve tried them all, i have 500 hours at least trying to create tactics these years, i ve made some that are really get me 1 or 2 place or 3 but i am still trying to find the solutions

If the winning is all you want, then high press/high line attacking football with 2 strikers is decent enough platform to build on.
If you're tactical purist, who wants to set up your team in certain way that isn't high press, good luck on your journey.

If the winning is all you want, then high press/high line attacking football with 2 strikers is decent enough platform to build on.
If you're tactical purist, who wants to set up your team in certain way that isn't high press, good luck on your journey.
This year i hate the 424 kind of tactics the only time i used one, is with the advice of my assistant coach in a stoke save, but maybe i ogt a breakthrough this past hour, i recreated i think the way liverpool plays in the game as ai, and it looks refreshing

This year i hate the 424 kind of tactics the only time i used one, is with the advice of my assistant coach in a stoke save, but maybe i ogt a breakthrough this past hour, i recreated i think the way liverpool plays in the game as ai, and it looks refreshing
If you have anything, feel free to post your tactics here to be tested.

If you have anything, feel free to post your tactics here to be tested.
five games in 15-0 goals scored /conceded. one draw with milan away 0-0. thats the tactic its so fluid

Attachments

• BIBLE GEGEN LIVERPOOL.fmf
    42.8 KB · Views: 74