Well, it should be convenient to use 10 outfield players eh?
Not necessarily true about attractive football. Arsenal play the best football in england and have inside forwards rather than wingers. (in the quote by the way)

I have to agree with you on this mate. Every cross seems to be blocked or played right into the keepr's hands/ out of play. So rarely will a cross be made that is any good, and when it is, no one ever seems to be in the right place to get on the end of it. The wing play in my save so far has been useless.

The most annoying thing is when they get in a position to cross and just dwell on the ball for like 5 seconds, allowing a defender to get back, then they just play it against them for a corner.

Wing play working well for me so far in FM11 although sometimes i feel the crosses being blocked etc is partly down to how the match engine evens out chances. The fact of the matter is playing with wingers without the correct setup won't yield good results you need supporting players be iit attacking midfield or marauding cm, or a deep lying forward to lays off balls (or all three). Countering is where wingers come into their own for me and despite feeling that wingplay is slightly gimped as i mentioned before its still pretty effective. Babacar scored 41 in 41 last season from AML - obviously thats as an inside forward, i usually play with my AMR playing as a winger and he provides more assists.