DaleP88

Reaction score
it doesnt matter what tactic i used my wingers always seem to shoot from impossible angles, it doesnt matter if i keep them wide,shoot less often or change them to support, any ideas how i could make the more efficient?

Here's what I'd tell the wingers to do:

Winger_Attack:
- Get to byline
- Aim crosses at Target Man
- Get further forward

If you've got one who is a particularly accurate and creative passer, then use More risky passes instead of Get further forward.

Central midfielders who are well skilled at direct passes and switching the ball to the opposite flank are good at bringing the wingers into the game; instruct them to play More direct passes. I prefer to have a Ball-Winning Midfielder_Defend and a Deep-Lying Playmaker_Support in my midfield.

Consider the height and aerial ability of your Strikers in relation to the opposition's central defenders, when deciding whether to instruct your team to Float crosses or Drill crosses. If you start with the former and the defenders keep winning all the headers, then switch to the latter. Instruct full-backs to Cross more often and Cross from deep.

Get players into the box. As I explain in my thread, the 4-4-1-1 formation is very effective at getting a Shadow Striker and Deep-Lying Forward into the penalty area and onto the end of crosses from wingers and full-backs:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...1-real-4-4-2-how-i-learned-play-triangle.html

The Team Instructions should include the following:

Retain possession
Pass shorter
Play out of defence
Work ball into box
Exploit the flanks
Play wider
Hassle opponents
Get stuck in

For a more attacking style, remove the Retain possession and add:

Look overlap
Play higher up
Roam from position
High tempo
Be more expressive

This will encourage one-and-two-touch football and constant running off-the-ball to drag opposition defenders out of position, providing openings to play your wingers in down the flanks or into the channels for genuine scoring opportunities of their own.

Last edited: