hu

Reaction score
i have been using a 4-2-3-1 with my wingers as a raumdauter and and inside forward on attack. my problem is that they will never track back, and it is really frustrating because my full backs keep getting outnumbered 2 on 1 when we dont have the ball. Does anyone know how to fix this (apart from moving the wingers back to left/right midfielders)?
thanks in advance

Maybe try changing to "very fluid" and giving the wingers "mark tighter" PI. If this doesn't work, then you have to order them to mark opp's FBs

Try using roles that encourage the wingers to track back?

your wingers wont track back in a 4231 as they are advanced up the pitch when defending. You also have them on attack duty.

AM(RL) - especially on Attack duty - behave more like wide strikers. Also, you have what might be the most offensive and "lazy" player roles available up there. Come on, even the role description of the Raumdeuter talks about "wide poacher", you really can't expect them to move a foot defensively.

Possible solutions:
- change Raumdeuter to whatever you like, change both to Suppy duty
- change both to M(RL) with Attack duty and offensive PIs
- use a three-man central midfield with both "outer" midfielders as CM(D) or DLP(D)
- play three Central Defenders plus Full Backs

Play two Wingers on support, I guarantee you that a decent player in the hole will find them breaking the offside trap...they will score just as much (if not more) than your current roles.

I know the Raumdeuter is new and shiny but right now, you need to suck it up and sacrifice it for the good of the team.

You can also set to use defensive wingers, I believe (sorry don't have the game in front of me)

You can also set to use defensive wingers, I believe (sorry don't have the game in front of me)

You can't with AML/Rand even if he did they don't track back. Their aim is to win the ball high up the pitch and press the back four. No player in the AML/R will regularly track back.

To the OP, if you want wingers tracking back (not sure why you would with a 4-2-3-1 with players situated in the attacking area) then play a 4-4-1-1.