papamogl

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

This is a crossposting from the SI forum. I hope that is ok.

General information

It a set of three formations, all with the same tactical principles at its core. We are going for a high tempo short passing play, trying to outplay opposition in every place while looking for the perfect attacking move. It's an expressive and energetical style of playing. I love that there is lots of attacking prowess added from the deep, with fullbacks and a volante arriving at the opponents box, which is very hard to defend against.

Formations look like this:

View attachment 24866
This is my standard tactic used to start most matches with.

This is very similar. I usually employ this formation to add more attacking intent.

View attachment 24867

Finally the 3-3-3-1.

View attachment 24868
With the formations above you can sometimes be outposessed by a 4-4-2, or face risky one on ones when playing against a formation with two strikers. If this happens or I expect it to happen I use this formation with three defenders to guard against it.

Created and tested on patch 19.2.1.

What players do you need?
Generally you are looking for players with excellent passing, decision making, and off the ball.
GK: we are using a high defensive line, so look for a sweeper keeper.
DCs: We are using ball playing defenders, so their passing should be above average. At least one should be good in the air, and at least one should be pacey because we will be playing the offside trap.
Wing Backs: they are attacking and defending both. Good players in these positions really make a difference, so it is a good decision to invest some cash here if you don't have the right players.
DMs: One is a more traditional playmaker. The volante should have good attacking stats as well. Both need good passing, and should be adept at winning the ball back too. The tactics pose some considerable demands in the skills of these players. Witsel and Delaney have been fantastic for me, and Weigl doing very well too.
AMC: an attacking playmaker that will be spreading the passes out to better positioned players, looking for deadly throughballs, and trying the odd shot or dribbling.
Wingers: These are playmaker type players too. Should be good at one on ones, and at finishing ideally. They will get chances to score every game - the more they can convert the better.
Forward: Despite scoring some for himself, he will be used to lay off passes, draw defenders, and create space for the other players. Don't expect him to score too much - your midfielders and Wing Backs will strike all the more for it.

I let the assistant handle training and opposition instructions.

Results

View attachment 24869
The season has been crazy for me, with winning the league as well as the Champions League. Highlights were the 5-1 thrashing of Bayern Munich, and the 4-0 against Paris St. Germain. There were quite some draws during the second half of the season due to resting key players for the Champions League knockout games, and playing with backup players. I guess I was pretty lucky with the opponents I faced in the knockout stage. The Champions League final was nerve racking going behind in overtime, but managing to come back. With the penalties luck involved again.
Somewhat stupidly I sold Raphael Guerreiro (which I would advise against doing if you are playing with Dortmund!), and brought in De Light. In winter I bought Milinkovic-Savic, which, again, was not the smartest move given I already have Goetze and Kagawa in that position. Other than that I only bought young players who are not on first team level yet.

The Falcon Tactics v1:

View attachment 24860

View attachment 24861

View attachment 24862

Hope you enjoy. Let me know how it goes for you.

Last edited:
loads as custom dortmund not falcon. had a hard time finding the name of it when trying to load it

Sorry for the bother El Wray, an oversight on my part. Duly corrected in the OP. Any downloads from now on are named correctly.

Download links do not work They take you to a black screen

Weird, they work for me on Firefox and Internet Explorer. Maybe you tried to download exactly when I was editing the OP to fix the naming? Could you try again now? It should work now.

Did anybody try it yet? Would love to get some feedback.