Winning possession back as soon as possible

germainelol

Reaction score
What do you guys think the best way to win possession back is? I've got a tactic at the moment which I guess I would say is basically a Barca/Bayern tactic in the way that the attacks are slowly worked into the box.

So how do you implement Dortmund style pressing into FM14? I've tried the Dortmund tactic someone made and sure it's great at winning the ball back, but doesn't play how I want it to.

So what suggestions do you have for ensuring your players press the opposition and win the ball back with a sense of urgency?

I think Dortmund is the best team at winning the ball back. I tried to recreate this style but i failed so far. I would really appreciate if someone will post his thaughts about Dortmund playing style.

It's so hard to get it right! Tried bzillion things but non of them do the trick.
I think this is the hardest part in creating these kind of tactics

It's so hard to get it right! Tried bzillion things but non of them do the trick.
I think this is the hardest part in creating these kind of tactics

Yep, well I noticed with the Dortmund tactics people post there is a high tempo and attacking brand of football being played, which for some reason makes the players chase after the ball a lot more, but then the actual attacking play isn't what I want...! :D

A narrow formation with Overload mentality. Hassle opponents, use tight marking, and very high line. Seems relentless in closing down but leaves you suicidally open at the back.

A narrow formation with Overload mentality. Hassle opponents, use tight marking, and very high line. Seems relentless in closing down but leaves you suicidally open at the back.

Well I play with a very fluid control mentality and it plays how I want it to, I've experimented with Overload before...I find that it's fantastic at closing down, but TOO attacking with the ball, and I have to lower my defensive line a little bit.

I'm not sure, I will experiment again!

Im only experimenting myself at the minute. But the more positive the game plan the more efficient the closing down seems to be. Even Attack doesnt seem to be effective enough. Im currently tweaking and am creating up to 7 CCC per game, but Im so open I always concede 4 or 5 too.