Winning Tactic (again due to some requests )

SSJ

Reaction score
Hey everyone due to some private messages in my inbox about what tactic I was using to make the strikers scores more then 40 45 goals a season I decided to post the tactic here since I have no idea or simple not unable to put the tactic in the private message.

This tactic is played through the middle so if you have a team with alot of wingers,do not use it.

I have won many games using this tactic including being the 2nd best manager of all the time using aston villa and man utd with this tactic,also on my recent save I just became a legend for the spurs and got my own stadium.

The striker that scores more then 40/45 goals every season for me is the right striker,left one is a poacher which scores about 20-25 a season.
I have no idea whats the secret behind the right striker is why he scores so much,its basicly every decent/good striker will get that ammount of goals.

The setup for the right striker is Target man and set to run to the ball,but I have not tick on the target man option in the teamtactic screen which sounds weird but it works

Key stats Also I will give an example what kind of player so you have a better vision of it

Right striker Speed/Flair/Technique/Finishing
(Hulk/Agüero/balotelli)

Left striker speed/flair/finishing(Marquinhos)

AMC Longshots/passing/flair/technique(Gourcuff,Vukcevic/Matias fernandez)
Both MC passing/longshots/Flair(Miguel veloso/Joao moutinho)
DMC Passing/tackling(Gojko Kacar/rodwell)

Defenders as ussual Tackling/man marking /heading etc.
Wingerbacks might be a handy to have some crossing but not neccesary(Azpilicueta?/kolarov)

This is just my view on the key stats for the players,Im not a die hard fm manager Ive only started playing from fm 09 so it might also works with other keystats but since I have not tried I have no idea either.

Also I have noticed that left foot strikers dont perform as good when being a poacher(left striker) than targetman(Right striker) in this tactic,perhaps its just unlucky for me but just to let you know
Anyway Enough talking here is the tactic and goodluck

I have included a few screenshots to show a unbeaten aston villa and a hulk scoring more then 45 goals for me,I have Aguero scored over 55 goals a season but did not screenshotted since I didnt find it that special anymore after using that tactic for so long

Note:this tactic have only been working like a blast for me after the first season,might be difference what team you choose but when I choose Villa/spurs first season I usually end up top 4 and most likely EPL winner 2nd season,so a little bit patience is needed

Last edited:
Would be better if you told people what key stats each player should have.

Would be better if you told people what key stats each player should have.

Well they are more or less the same with each tactic as long as you know the roles and positions a player plays they are also very self-explanatory. For a good striker you should always look after good finishing, composure and off the ball attributes and most of these important stats are also highlighted by the games when you click on a player at your formation screen.

Not unlick what i was useing so gave it a go and have to say more freedom in middle of the park seems to work
1 question do you score meny from corners as i think your corner aim is wrong changed it to far post and CD gets more goals
just wondering :)

Not unlick what i was useing so gave it a go and have to say more freedom in middle of the park seems to work
1 question do you score meny from corners as i think your corner aim is wrong changed it to far post and CD gets more goals
just wondering :)

Doing ok I guess not many headers most corner goals come from a cm who waits outside the box and scores a screamer,thats why the cms are positioned outside the box aswell