badharvz

Reaction score
hi guys, here is my third tactic, after great success with my last 2 tactics (over 15,000 downloads and counting) I have decided to create another. I am far in to my saved game and got a bit bored with the tactic I was using and wanted a completely new tactic to use. So i decided to create one using wing backs and 3 central defenders so every bit of the football field is covered by a man with a specific job. I won every trophy i was entered in and my players won all the individual honours (apart from goal of the season)

View attachment 388673View attachment 388672

this tactic will allow your team to keep the ball, defend as a unit and score a lot of goals (see below for results and fixtures)

here is a breakdown of how the tactic works:

GK: we all know what it takes to make a good keeper so i will leave this one up to you

CD: 'the Wall' as i like to call them, i have all 3 set as defend, as defending is there job, put your tallest defender in the centre as he will be dealing with crosses and attacking midfielders making runs from deep, he does not have to be the quickest but a high positioning rating is essential, the other 2 defenders playing either side of him should be quite fast as they will track inside forwards making a run in the box.

CWB: the complete wing backs, acting as a false winger, they get up and down the pitch providing width and closing down attacking wingers/inside forwards, they dot have to be great at attacking or great at defending, but a bit of both would be good, stamina must be high and be quite good at crossing, leighton baines and rafael are ideal players for this role.

BBM: the box to box midfielder, the yaya toure/vidal of your team, technical attributes do not have to be very high for this role, but a good physical presence and good work rate are important, as this player will drive at defenders when attacking and help your defenders when defending.

DLP: the pirlo/alonso of your team, the deep lying playmaker will keep the cogs turning in your tactic, turning defend in to attack in an instant, i have as support so he fins space in the centre of the park and lays balls off to the wingbacks or the attacking midfielder, he has to have good positioning so he always has space be decent at passing and anticipation (for intercepting them through balls)

Trequartista: the most important player in your team, the creator, the guy who gets assists. this player will split defenders in two with a through ball, dribble past an anchor man and score you goals, he is different to the advanced playmaker as the trquartista wonders around the pitch looking for space, he must be good at dribbling, be creative and have a good passing attribute. speed and pace are not important as he uses his mental attributes more than his physical (look at iniesta/xavi and scholes, never been fast players)

AF: the advanced forward needs to be quite fast as he will be getting on the end of through balls, acceleration is more important than pace as not many central are fast at setting off.

P: the poacher, the guys who sticks it in the net, this guy will run at defenders, get on the end of through balls and is quite greedy, but that is his job. pace, finishing, and first touch are important for this player

every player in this tactic has a job to do, and is built around being a team than big individuals, here are some of my reults and dont forget to leave some feedback, i hope this works well for you.

View attachment 388660View attachment 388659View attachment 388658View attachment 388656View attachment 388654

the link to the tactic is below

Last edited:
I love how you made a screenshot right untill your first loss :p

I don't think having a team of regens is a good enough test of the tactic. Your team could be full of superstars, in that case a bog standard 4-4-2 on Very Fluid will be just as effective!

lol, as u can see by the results i had already qualified in the group stages of the champions league so the under 18's were used

Unfortunately, a tactic used so late in the game is no real argument for a high quality tactic, we can hardly judge it's merits based on your players and results, basically, it's too random. Starting a new save and then posting excelent results with a first season, inferior to dead bottom placed team, that's what makes things interesting, and thus, deserves it's own topic and applause.

Last edited:
No point to show us a tactic being used in 2025. We won't know any quality of your players. If you apply it and won the league 1st year with West ham I will probably give it a try.

The year is 2025 in the ss and your man u. is this gonna be as good for all team from start of game? Tactics probs should be tested on a fresh save maybe? :)

The year is 2025 in the ss and your man u. is this gonna be as good for all team from start of game? Tactics probs should be tested on a fresh save maybe? :)

thanks for the advice, this is only my 3rd thread, still getting the hang of it, bit of an amateur, ill start a new game and post results

Hope I didn't come across as a ***, didn't mean to be picky just wanting to see if this tactic is as good as you hope:) Good luck with the testing:)