winning the seria A (too) easy with juventus **** when it comes to champions league?

delrio

Reaction score
Im currently in 2018 and ive won the seria easily every year with juve and usually i also win the cup.
but for some reason i always get knocked out of the cup in the 1st knock out round, and usually by man city by some reason??
this doesnt seem right, am i doing something wrong??

Yes you are ....

Came 2nd in my first season with BOLOGNA (1 point off Napoli) and then made it to QFs of CL (lost to Chelsea). And won it in my second season 7 points from Juventus and comfortably made it to the 1st knockout round in my third (came first in a group consisting of Chelsea, Athletico Madrid and Leverkuzen) though in the Serie A Im not doing that well (Its January and Im 3rd 10 points off Juve at 2nd and 13 off Napoli at 1st) and I think I know why (ie I trusted too much my very good signings and didnt sufficiently tweak my tactics till it was too late and have been found out by the opposition.

But without more info nobody can tell you what ...

Last edited:
Yes you are ....

Came 2nd in my first season with BOLOGNA (1 point off Napoli) and then made it to QFs of CL (lost to Chelsea). And won it in my second season 7 points from Juventus and comfortably made it to the 1st knockout round (came first in a group consisting of Chelsea, Athletico Madrid and Leverkuzen).

But without more info nobody can tell you what ...

so basically you've got one round further than me? whoopty-effin-doo

i still say its bullshit my great team doesnt get further!

i still say its bullshit my great team doesnt get further!

Erm, greatness in teams and players doesnt mean necessarily that they will sweep the board with trophies even in real life. And thats what makes life exciting. Wigan v Man ****** for example (which was so wonderful btw).

I'm a Juve fan myself and even I have to admit that Serie A has declined, and being champions of Serie A does not put Juve on the same level as Barcelona, Bayern etc, even the likes of Man Utd and Chelsea.

That said, 2018 and you've still not managed to get past the last sixteen? Hello Roberto Mancini, welcome to the forums.

I find if you use the same, attacking type tactic you can use to dominate the league while against top sides in the CL, more often than not you'll get found out. Maybe play more counter attacking type Football against Man City and co. Stuff you can get away with against fellow Serie A teams can be more easily exposed by the best club teams in the world.

But I'm only assuming you don't alter your tactics much. You've not really given much other insight.