ajt09

Nice Guy Gramps
Reaction score
To get the update simply quit and restart Steam and your game should update to version 17.3.0.

Updates include but are not limited to the following:

DATABASE

Official 17.3.0 Update Database added - including winter transfer window data

STABILITY & PERFORMANCE

Fixed rare crash related to qualification play-offs for European competitions in May
Fixed rare crash when selecting home or away venue preference for Peruvian playoff
Fixed rare crash during processing
Fixed divergence warning appearing during a match
Fixed lag in inbox

COMPETITIONS

Fixed some players being incorrectly denied English work permit
Fixed user not being credited with Uruguayan First Division win after winning both Opening and Closing stages
Fixed incorrect teams being selected for Dutch Cup
Fixed team not being entered for Portuguese Cup if they had been promoted the previous season
Fixed Chinese Cup squad registration rules
Fixed rare issue of first team going on Holiday too early in Holland
Fixed Nordic nations not having correct time for second nationality in Iceland
Fixed rare European playoff scheduling issue in certain leagues
Fixed Slovakian Cup draw issue
Fixed postponement of matches due to international call ups in France
Fixed incorrect Belgian clubs qualifying for the Champions League
Fixed incorrect nations qualifying for the 2019 Asian Cup

GAMEPLAY

Fixed issue where Scouting Knowledge on players was gained too quickly
Improved job opportunities for users starting game at high profile clubs but with low coaching badges & past playing experience
Fixed loan deals in Scotland not being completed correctly when the Mandatory future fee clause was included in the deal
Fixed issue in some Brexit scenarios where UK based players nearing the end of their contracts could not be signed on pre-contracts
Fixed issue where players were given different star ratings on different pages for the same position
Fixed World Footballer of the Year award
Fixed 2nd/3rd places not showing for World Golden Ball award
Allowed user to apply for international job they have previously rejected
Fixed incorrect triggering of former staff narrative
Fixed user incorrectly asked about failure to win a game after multiple woodwork hits in a 2-leg match
Adjusted youth recruitment upgrades
Adjusted Northern Irish wage budgets
Fixed issue of a user being reported to have completed a language course
Fixed rare issue where the board would ask you if you'd like to buy the stadium when a stadium purchase was already in progress
Fixed incorrect competition being referenced in player promise extension inbox item
Tweaked player responses to ‘What will it take to keep you here?’ conversation options in unhappiness chats
Clarified player response in unhappiness chats when specific wage demands are made mid-chat

UI

Fixes for a number of kit clashes
Fixed Body Language and Performance match widgets going missing
Fixed user being unable to drag players from the bench into their formation by their shirt icons

PRE GAME EDITOR

Fixed individual crashes for various user submitted files
Fixed errors on several user submitted files
Further improvements to validation process

FM TOUCH

Instant Result should always correctly display post-game when used
Match Fitness and Condition now maxed out for Versus Mode and Fantasy Draft competitions
Fixed legacy Steam Achievements

Last edited:
Ah always while I'm at work! I need the work day to end so I can go home lol

Anyone's game running much slower since update?

Yes mine and my mates saved games run a lot slower but new games run fine weirdly.

Anyone have a screenshot from previous patch? If i remeber correctly the m.e. for previous patch was v1703.

View attachment 1106155
It was, but there were no AI changes in the ME. This is related to a match divergence message, as mentioned in the patch notes.

running so much slower since the update - I assume this is a known issue to them?

No changes to the ME , I've noticed a slight change but I also did in previous editions where they didn't make any changes so maybe it's just me ??????

No changes to the ME , I've noticed a slight change but I also did in previous editions where they didn't make any changes so maybe it's just me ������
It's really just you. There were no changes.

Fixed rare issue where the board would ask you if you'd like to buy the stadium when a stadium purchase was already in progress

Didnt know this was even in the game, Has anyone been asked if they want to buy the stadium before my last save on fm16 i managed Blackburn for 30 seasons and never heard of such a thing

Didnt know this was even in the game, Has anyone been asked if they want to buy the stadium before my last save on fm16 i managed Blackburn for 30 seasons and never heard of such a thing

Yeah, its been a board request for a while. Only available if the club doesn't already own the stadium. Like any board request, the board may come to you to offer it if it makes sense.