Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register

Wise gets powerful Newcastle role

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Dennis Wise will help Newcastle to sign players and develop their academy in his new role at the club.

More...

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So he's a scout/youth coach? :worried:

Reaction score
i heard they paid 1m to leeds to get him and 2-3m a year wages for him

doesnt quite help the defence does it! considering blackburns centre backs cost 500k it makes you think the money could be better spent!

Reaction score
its a bit of a mystery as to why the **** he's been brought in. Its gonna end up costing us about 5m for a youth development coach :|

Reaction score
He clearly was not enjoying things at Leeds.

Reaction score
Is he even qualified to do this sort of job?

Reaction score
He clearly was not enjoying things at Leeds.
Mah. I think once Poyet left, Wise was never going to be a definite to stay. You only have to look at his record to see he'll go anywhere if it's better. No loyalty whatsoever. I don't understand why you'd leave a managerial post for his Newcastle post though, I'm wondering what his motivation is. Most certainly money it seems.

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Newcastle are a joke, all thats gonna happen is Keegan is going to quit again when the pressure piles on.

ajw

Reaction score
He's a *** for taking this. I don't see how he's gona help them, and if he got Leeds promoted that would have been a great acheivment for him. Money it seems has motivated him, either that he's been given a pair of rose-tinted specs by Mike Ashley about how 'big' and 'good' Newcastle are