Withdrawing 1st team players from international duty.

daisuke

Reaction score
I have just wondered if anyone tried to withdraw all their first eleven from international duty?I gave the 45minutes per game instruction but never withdraw them as I'm afraid they'll get unhappy and will affect their performances. I'm getting sick of my players came back injured from international matches especially when it comes to the later and important stages of the season. So will they get unhappy with you and stays that way for a long time?Players for example, Gerrard, Johnson, Suarez..

I think it's just part of the managers experience really.

Players will want to play for their country, especially competitively and at the highest level, so I would say you will just have to roll with it.

The 45 minute rule is good for friendlies, as it usually stops a player from losing too much energy or getting injured.

I would only ever pull a player if he had only just got back from an injury and it was only a friendly.

i always let them play the full matches because when ive restricted them before other players have been called up instead of them for future matches

I've never withdrawn players. 45 minutes per game-yes but withdrawal-no. I say, let them play for their country.

i agree with glocken73 i have withdrawn players previously and then they have been left out of squads in future ive never had too many players injured on international duty if i set them to play 45 mins

I've got a problem here. I'm managing both England and Arsenal at the same time. Before managing Arsenal, I've withdrew Wilshere and Gibbs from their international duties. But now I'm in-charge of England, I can't seem to find a way to call them back for friendlies. Help me please!

If I need them for an important game I'll give them 45 minute per game instructions. Never withdrew anyone though

I don't withdraw. Only 45 min for my senior squad, youths all allowed to play the whole game. If a player is just coming back from injury, I let him play for 90 mins as well anyway, regardless of who it is, as it saves me having to put an unfit player on the pitch...

I keep getting injuries though, which really ****** me off (Bale ALWAYS seems to get injured after going off with Wales!!!)

I only withdraw Van Persie for friendlies. Otherwise it's 45min. <)