WM Arsenal 1930's Renovation tactic- 3-2-2-2-1

• Thread starter Thread starter maxy67
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 33
  • Views Views 37K
I've given this a shot with Lens, and I've got a few things to say

I find the attack is rather cumbersome- they could barely finish, or get into space. Well maybe because Lens don't have the most clinical strikers in the world. Its weird how the two AMCs are set to AM, but the striker is set to Complete Forward support- but has no one to really support.

To fix this, I recommend having the 2 as Trequartistas rather than AMs. This doubles your shot opportunities a lot. And do counter-attacking on, because it is actually part of the 1930s Arsenal tactic, if i'm not mistaken.

On the other hand, this is a mother-lovin' defensive tactic. I'm actually surprised by its tenacity and defence. In one game against Clermont Foot, they had the ball in the box, like 3 yards from goal, but the defence crowded round the goal and kicked it out, preserving a 1-0 lead. It's perfect away from home.

With my modifications- we trounced Monaco 3-0 at home, 2 from open play. We had 19 shots, they had 4. It looks promising though.

I recommend instructions- Get ball forward, pass to feet, pump ball into box, work ball into box, run at defence.

With better players, perhaps the damage will be more noticable.

thanks for the feedback I made this quite a while ago so i was just getting used to the tactic making, I've recently made a brazil tactic using a treq and its been much more successful going forward, and I'll do an edit later and make those changes you suggested :)

I'm going to test with my technically better Bilbao side.

Lens seriously contains the worst finishers ever known to man.

Julien Toudic- 12 finishing
Chaouki Ben Saada- 8 finishing
Jean Eudes-Maurice- 10 finishing
Abdelhakim Omrani- 8 finishing

Shan't have sold that Eduardo player, who had 14 finishing.

And I'm supposed to win promotion with this team.

Last edited:
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]link does not work, you could re-upload? thanks

[/FONT]

Back