Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
This is my first FM story so here goes...

I started as an unemployed manager with automatic expereince. I applied for many jobs before finally being accepted by Woking on 4th October. Woking were struggling 18th in the Blue Sqaure South, so I have a difficult job on my hand to turn things around.

Woking FC - Brief Information
View attachment 39999

Year Founded - 1889

Fierce Rivals - Aldershot

Other Rivals - Stevenage and Crawley

Finnances - Okay

Stadium - Kingfield Stadium
Capacity - 6036 (2500 seated)
View attachment 40027

Basic Training Facilities, Adequete Youth Facilities

Estimated Value - £450k

Media Prediction - 1st

Transfers
View attachment 40031

October

Farnborough 3-3 Woking FA Cup 3rd Qual. Round
Dissapointing not beating and conceding 3 goals to a poor team. We took the lead through Luke Medley but found ourselves 3-1 down after 77 mins. We had to thank Delano Sam-Yorke with two late goals to save our skin.

Woking 3-1 Farnborough FA Cup 3rd Quak Round Rep.
Quite happy with the result but would have been nice to keep a clean sheet.
Harry Arter, Luke Medley and Sam-Yorke with the goals. Chad Bond my star signing picked up an injury and is out for 4 weeks.

Bromley 2-2 Woking BSS
Conceded a late goal while leading 2-1 which I was dissapointed about. An OG and a Luke Medley goal.

St.Albans 6-2 Woking FA Cup 4th Qual. Round
Absolutely devastated, expect changes of personal and formation. Goals- Medley and Danilo Cadete.

Dover 2-0 Woking BSS
Dover are a good side but one we are capable of beating

Woking 2-1 Braintree BSS
Finally first league win. Should have been more convincing, but a wins a win. Goals Josh Magennis and the winner from Arnuad Mendy.

Players of the Month
1st - Luke Medley
View attachment 40038

2nd - Arnuad Mendy
View attachment 40039

3rd - Harry Arter
View attachment 40040

Media prediction 1st,position 18th?lol
Good luck
Yeah I know took over the team when it was in 18th position. The previous manager must have done a pretty bad job

---------- Post added at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:58 PM ----------

Once I get the players in I need it should be a breeze.

I'm now up to January and so will do a quick update.

November
Won 1, drew 2, lost 2 and a win in the FA Trophy 3rd Qual. Round

I knew my defence needed bolstering so I signed James McCarten from Everton and Tony Diagne from Notts Forest on frees and I hope my form will pick up in december.
View attachment 40800
View attachment 40801

Player of the Month:
Josh Magennis

JOSH-MAGENNIS_w.jpg

December
Form really picked up and went on a 6 game winning streak including winning 6-1 in the FA Trophy 1st Round. I'm now up to 11th in the league

Player of the Month
Davide Petrucci

C_71_article_1096417_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg

Transfer Rumours

Manager of Woking Dom Ascroft is reportedly looking to bring a few new faces to boost his team in the upcoming January Transfer Window. Michael Coulson (Striker), Adam Kay (Centre Mid) and Chris Lynch (Centre Back) are all reported targets for the rookie manager. When questioned on his future activities in the transfer market Ascroft answered "I am looking to bring in a few new faces to greatly improve the team and take the club to the next level" when questioned about Barnsley Striker Michael Coulson Ascroft replied "I would love to have a player of his quality in my team."

View attachment 40802
View attachment 40803
View attachment 40804

I'm hoping to finish in the playoffs which I am 7 points adrift from and currently 11 points from top spot.

Probably won't be able to update for about a week, for those who are following (which I count as 2) Thank You, because I have exams next week:mad:

y woking?

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

ur not doing a gd job for woking

y woking?

[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------[/COLOR]

ur not doing a gd job for woking
Yes excuse me john I would like to see you do better ^^)
John subscribe to the thread

January Update

January was the best month ever. First of all transfers I signed all my transfer targets Coulson, Kay and Lynch. Couldn't renew loan deals for Richard Davies (who has now joined Sheff Weds) and Arnuad Mendy but signed Oliver Norwood on loan from Man Utd to cover the midfield.

Results

Woking 3-0 Havant & Waterlooville BSS

Solid performance. Mendy, Petrucci and McCarten all scoring in the first half hour.

Maidenhead 1-1 Woking BSS

We was robbed, is an understatemant. Completely dominated the game leading rom 31 mins thanks to Mendy. Guess what 89th minute equaliser, ****!

Woking 3-0 Hampton & Richmond FA Trophy 2nd Rnd
Fantasic result against the league leaders, just a shame it was in the cup and not the league. Coulson scored his 1st goal for the club with Petrucci and McCarten doing the rest.

Woking 5-0 Hampton & Richmond BSS
Well what can I say, absolutely hammered the league leaders. Faboulous hat trick by Coulson including 2 beauties and 2 from Petrucci.

Woking 3-0 Dover BSS
Great win against our promotion rivals. Magennis, Coulson and Petrucci with the goals.

Braintree 1-2 Woking BSS
Really good performance, we restricted one of the best teams in the league to very few chances, infact their only goals was an own goal from Arter. Coulson scoring again and McCarten is just a scoring machine for a centre back.

Woking 2-0 Ebbsfleet FA Trophy 3rd Rnd
The best thing from the game is knowing my team can beat good temas a division above. They are 6th in the BSP but we made them look very ordinary. Goals from Coulson (suprise suprise) and Magennis.

Well, a fabulous month. We occupied the final playoff position but others overtook us while we were playing in the Cup.
I'm hoping to finish at least in the playoffs and being 9 points off the top its not to late to mount a title challenge.
I scooped up Mananger of the Month award to show for a brilliant month and I don't need to do players of the month this time round as it was decided by the BSS anyway
1st Davide Petucci
davidepetrucci-232x300.jpg

2nd- Michael Coulson
players_108330.jpg

3rd - Arnuad Mendy

0,,10270~5839936,00.jpg

Great story, ill be following. What reputation did u had? i mean u put automatic choice and what automatic gaved u ? Previous footballer, Previous International footballer, Sunday league player or something else ?

Great story, ill be following. What reputation did u had? i mean u put automatic choice and what automatic gaved u ? Previous footballer, Previous International footballer, Sunday league player or something else ?
Regional. By the way I'm following your Cockfosters story.:D

Haven't updated this for a while because I have been busy lately, but fast foward to the end of the season. Last game of the season I am top of the league on goal difference going into the final game against Weymouth. I've brang in a couple of loan singings, Aleksander Prijovic (striker from derby) to add something to my options upfront and has been banging them in for fun and Nikola Saric (attacking mid from liverpool) to replace Petrucci who is out for 4 months.
Anyway the big match, the whole of my season resting on it and... 8-1. Prijovic with 4, Saric, Coulson and McCarten and an own goal. Really it could have been 12-1 with Weymouth scoring with their only shot on target.
So after taking over in October with Woking in 18th, I have ended up winning the league. I can't wait for next season in the BSP where I am planning for a safe mid-table finish and a possible push for the playoffs.

FINAL LEAGUE STANDINGS
View attachment 47756

has anyone got any tips for my story? I must be doing something wrong, because hardly anyone is following my story :(

---------- Post added at 01:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 AM ----------

i guess no one likes Woking then

Very good start.Good luck in the Premier,it will be a lot harder.Try loaning Gael Kakuta from Chelski.;)

how u get petucci was it on loan n how many months 4
sorry haven't updated this for ages because I got a new laptop and haven't been on my pc for ages (where this game is on). Im planning to carry on with it soon but I have a quality game with Chester going on my laptop. Petrucci was listed for loan and I think I loaned him for the whole season.

Well done mate. I've got a similar story with Dover going and got promoted through the play-offs first season. Have a look at Jacob Erskine from Gillingham; his stats don't look that great but he bangs them in, bit like Billy Sharp at any level. Anyway good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.