Margent

Reaction score
I always wanted to create my own 3-4-3 thats works, and played the first season with Wolfsburg in bundesliga with this tactic i made. I came 3rd (one point from 2nd), wich I find quite good. So here it is *:

View attachment 72206View attachment 72205View attachment 72204View attachment 72203View attachment 72202

* Team instructions:

Mentality: attacking
Tem shape: Fluid (the poacher and inside forward PI: roam from position)
More direct
Pass into space
Play out of defense
Run at defense
Work ball into box
Exploi middle
Look for overlap
Play narrower
Much higher defense line (the three defenders PI: close down less - close down much less - close down less)
Much higher tempo
Close down much more (the three defenders PI:
close down less - close down much less - close down less)
Both WBs player instructions: run wide with ball, cross more often
Regista: get further forward
DLP: Pass shorter, tackle harder

GK PI: Roll it out, distribute to centerbacks

Signings, squad and rotation

Signings:
Douglas Santos - WB
Augusto Batalla - GK
Karol Linetty - DMC
(Marcel Tisserand is at the club as a loan at start, and will join permanently automatic.)

Douglas Santos and Augusto Batalla was the only signings to strenghten the squad at the start of the season, because Wolfsburg had no good options at LWB nor GK.

First half of the season Camacho played instead of Linetty, but when Barca bid 27m I sold him and bought Linetty instead. Probably Camacho is a better player but I think Linetty will be good in the long term.

I had quite bad squad depth in midfield (with Camacho/Linetty out, I had no good option at all) wich cost me some points. Otherwise I would end up at 2nd place for sure.

Offensively I rotated, depending on form, with this:

Dimata/Origi
Stefaniak - Ntep/Origi/Malli

Stefaniak - Dimata - Ntep was my primary set up (didnt want to play Origi since he is on loan) but Origi played very very well both as poacher and inside forward. When Malli played RW, I changed player role to attacking midfielder-support, but his was not common. When Stefaniak was out/needed rest, I played Malli at this position, but this was not common either.

Last edited:
I think that it looks good! Do you have any special training or Opposition instructions?

What do you mean special training?

No opposition instruction as default, sometimes at particular games, if the opposition have one obvious playmaker in deep position, I close him down/man-mark/tackle. Only use attacking players for the task to man mark beacuase I want to keep shape.

Also change defense line from much higher to slightly higher if the oppostion have Aubameyang or equal player as striker.

No set piece instructions at all (lazy).

I think it would be interesting to see this tactic with a better squad like Man C, Chelsea or Man utd. Kevin De Bruyne in the Stefaniak role would be tasty, for exmple.

I tried this tactic in another campaign with quite success (with some changes in attacks and defense line slightly higher instead of much higher though to the facts that this teams defenders is not that good/athletic/fast).

Berlin-Köpenick Dammfeld was promoted to bundesliga with the original squad.

View attachment 71979

Last edited:
It keeps working good with Berlin-Köpenick Dammfeld. The only thing you need to do is to customize the front three PR to your attacking players attributes (altough, if it is possible, one of them should be AP; togheter with regista, the AP will be the ones to build attacking movement), also, adapt defensive roles that fits with your defenders (altough, at least one BPD is necessary and also one should cover).

View attachment 71639View attachment 71638

Last edited: