Exton87

Reaction score
So started my 3rd carear and decided to go with Wolfsburg, due to the fact they have some good players and 10mil to start with. I also noticed the hefty wage bill they have. I move on Diego £150k, olic £100k and about 6 more on £50k+. reducing it by at least £320k p/w.

The problem is, im still loosing £3million a month on average. I could keep selling what high earners I have left, but theres no money at the club, I put half of my budget into wages. To qualify for europe I need these players. Ive been cute in the transfer market, Bargings and young prospects, also kept a close eye on bonuses. I have a strong enough team to achieve my chairmans expectations IMO.

I fear the club is heading down a dark road. The question is, should i sell my better players in Jan? or do I keep them and hope for very good league position. I do see this carear as a long term commitment, with my aim being to rebuild, and establish wolfsburg as a european force.

Any help with finances wil be much appreciated.

I done a save with Wolfsburg and ended up resigning because of the clubs financial worries. After the first season the second is virtually unplayable, As you say, You've been forced to sell some of your top players but the club still loses a few million every month or so.

All I would say is if you were to carry on, When Helmes get's back from his injury. Play him straight away, He's a brilliant little player. Came back from like a 8 month injury and ended up league top scorer for me. Scoring multiple goals every game.

Last edited:
I'm at Liverpool and in my first season I was losing on average £3-4 million a month, the tv revenue, sponsorship, prize money and season tickets at the end of the season then paid for the next years losses!:) keep going and try to do as well as you can, try and sign players on free transfers and sell on either them or other players to make money mate!

Thanks for very much.. AT the moment im 3rd after 14games. I lost my first 2 league games. I can see it being a real struggle and I was kind of hoping the secoind season would be an improvement, with all sponsorship and tv revenue etc.?!

Im selling anyone Im can.

Just keep sticking at it - If you get into almost bankruptcy, due to Wolfsburg history and their popularity I would imagine (Although it isn't certain) somebody would by the club to rescue you before you go into administration! :) For now, you'll have to just sell your best players and find others on the cheap :)

Just keep sticking at it - If you get into almost bankruptcy, due to Wolfsburg history and their popularity I would imagine (Although it isn't certain) somebody would by the club to rescue you before you go into administration! :) For now, you'll have to just sell your best players and find others on the cheap :)

Sound advice, and spot on. Around march the club was took over, debts cleared with a 23million pound loan. I had a further clear out in Jan, naldo, lakic departed.
I have lowered the wage bill by 600kpw.

3 games to go its been a long season, but I've battled away even after a 7 game loosingg streak. 7 points from my last 3 has put me into 5th, Europe is a must. Still Dortmund and leverkusen to play.

I hope I've sattiafied the board and fans. Provably been one of the most enjoyable seasons I've ever had on fm. Trying to balance the books, play well and plan for the future.

It's strange how you still get high budgets in the first season even if you're definitely going into debt.

It's strange how you still get high budgets in the first season even if you're definitely going into debt.

Yeah, and making money is harder than previous games! I'm in my 6th season at Liverpool, won the league 6 times and the champions league 4 times, but at the end of each season before prize money etc I'm always £20-30 million in debt! If I actually spent my entire transfer budget I'd be twice that much in debt!!

That's a lot of money to lose with Liverpool ?!

Update. Asked club to buy stadium, they did. It won't let me ask for upgrade. Why ? Is it to soon. Is it not possible ?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Update. Asked club to buy stadium, they did. It won't let me ask for upgrade. Why ? Is it to soon. Is it not possible ?

There stadium might be already max-capacity :)

Also it costs money to upgrade the stadium! :) I managed to upgrade Anfield by a few thousand, its 2018 and I've just moved into Gerrard Park Stadium...!

Also it costs money to upgrade the stadium! :) I managed to upgrade Anfield by a few thousand, its 2018 and I've just moved into Gerrard Park Stadium...!

Haha. Nice name. Is there anyway I can find out if my stadium is at max capacity? 30,000 is awfully low for a team that wants to match your achievements with lpool!

Haha. Nice name. Is there anyway I can find out if my stadium is at max capacity? 30,000 is awfully low for a team that wants to match your achievements with lpool!

I'm not sure mate, I imagine if you've got money and they wont expand then its at its limit! Weird thing is my board wouldn't let me build a new stadium until I had about £100 million in the bank, but the stadium cost £300 million, most of which was a loan/sponsorship!

And yeah, it needs to be bigger, one thing I would say is to build the squad a little bit each year, wages are the biggest reason people go into debt, my wage bill in 2017/18 was £125 million but I know I'll win the league or come close so I can afford it!

Oh and my first year league win was luck, none of the big clubs really stuck with me which I was surprised about, and my second year champions league win was against Barca in extra time with ter Stegen my GK man of the match! :)

Sometimes you need that little bit of luck. I'm finding so hard to manage. My wage bill is at 800k now. A lot better then it was when I took over. I finished 6th so I made Europe. Extra income that is greatly needed.

If I adjust my budget, I have 20mil to play around with easily. But its the wages, I've missed out on 2 players to Dortmund allready during pre season because I refuse to pay over 30k wage atm. Ive got to use every penny wisely and stay competitive. Everyone around me seems to be strengthening, and I'm clearing out :'(
2 additions, d.buaonette ? Spelling unsure, (the winger from Malaga) and adiemilson again spelling unsure, was an agreed deal from last year. I feel my team is weak in comparison to the top 6.

I read somewhere feeder clubs is a great way to raise profile in other countries and generate extra income. Guess what. the board can't find anyone suitable.

The club has took out 2 loans and has warned me of difficulties ahead. I feel as though I'm peeing in the wind, but at the same time hugely enjoying the challenge. I highly recommend Wolfsburg to everyone.

Ademilson the striker? If so he can be a very good player! Try and get Adryan too, although he will probably have been transferred by now!?
Iv'e been trying to find a feeder club for 6 seasons now...same result as you every time, guessing it's a bug!
Trust me, the more you make the more you'll spend!!:)

Will have a look, had him on fm12. I've heard mixed things about ademeilson. I'm hoping I've signed a gem.

Surely I can't be a bug :'(

It is in the editor, I haven't downloaded it so I can't check for you :)

Hover the cursor over the 'expand stadium' question in the board meeting tab, it will tell you the reason why it's greyed out