Wolves fined over team selection

• Thread starter Thread starter Scott
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 803

Scott

Banned
Reaction score
this is rubbish, he beat burnley after tht game. it was okay for west brom did it against chelsea in 2004. tht was okay, but since this is united theres a big song and dance about it. he picks his team to make wolves in the best position possible.

This is bullshit.:S We played an extremely weak team against hull last season and could have affected the battle to stay up ( but hull are so bad we won anyway:$) and we didn't get a fine. Tons of teams have done this before wolves and not got a fine. The fa are ****.:P

By the way how has scott managed to post before the bbc?oO) ( or is that just my internet?:S)

Why is my post above the bbc's?oO) ( or is that just my internet again?)

Wolves have been fined £25,000 by the Premier League for fielding a weakened team for their December defeat at Manchester United.

More...

Fair enough I suppose, it is against the rules.

If Utd win the league by 1 point now, imagine the stick McCarthy would get from Wenger and Ancelotti.

Don't understand this at all tbh. If they had turned up with their strongest 11 they would still have gotten hammered. It's only Tottenham who are able to lose to Wolves.

From a gambling perspective it's atrocious. I don't gamble myself but punters are able to bet on the over/under. It also reeks of poor sportsmanship, you play to get a positive result whether it be a draw or a win. I'm sure the players tried. But he's influenced the result by not fielding his best team. It's a thin line between match fixing and giving up. I'm not saying there are any implications of that but taken in the wrong context it has the potential to be.

And from what I saw of that game the scoreline flattered Man U. They weren't exactly very good that day. Their opposition was just horrid. Who knows if the result could've been a positive one?

Last edited:
come on!!!. look at the end of season selection by man u when they played Hull. This is atrocious FA

how can they be fined for it , this was tactical by mccarthy becuase they had a 6 pointer the next game it makes sence to do what he did imo.

I think this is a big taboo subject really. I cannot decide if i am for or against this fine.

If it was later in the season and affecting my club though....

i am very unhappy with this as i think the manager should be able to pick whatever team he sees fit for a match the FA are a shambles..... how many changes do arsenal and man utd make when they play in the cup compititions

I guess they could give Wolves a fine but at the moment there aren't any implications being brought forward from it, are there? Depends which way you look at it.

Shocker from the FA, absolute shocker. We've done it before, as have all the big four. **** when we used to win the league at a canter 10 years ago, we'd field weak teams four or five games on the trot. Liverpool did it a couple on the bounce when they had Chelsea in the CL semi a few years ago. Mick Mccarthy did what was best for his team. Like he said, his squad consists of 21-22 players; all of them are considered good enough for his first team at one point or another.

not a big fine, and it's a suspended punishment, but still ridiculous decision. in all respect to Wolves, who determines a "weaker" team of theirs? unlike as mentioned already, Chelsea and Man United, who haven't ever been punished for doing the exact same thing.

Arsenal, should get some fines then.?

They field, a 'Weak' team, in there Carling Cup games.

Don't understand this at all tbh. If they had turned up with their strongest 11 they would still have gotten hammered. It's only Tottenham who are able to lose to Wolves.

That was miles below the belt mate. :'(

hes the manager, he can pick whatever ******* team he wants, disgrace and yet again the F..A making another **** decision, as someone said above they would have lost badly anyway, i dont agree with mccarthys decision as it showed no passion or effort in winning the game, but you cannot fine a club for this

harsh should have got a slap on the wrist and the next club to do it (if any) get a fine

Back