Wolves Second Season... Neves/Moutinho Partnership

markus1234

Reaction score
Hey!

So, I'm half way through my second season with Wolves and I've got Joao Moutinho and Ruben Neves in a midfield two, in a 4-2-4 formation that I created. The aim of the game is to control the game from the middle of the park, which I've had some success with.

I play Ruben Neves as a roaming playmaker, I changed him to that role a couple of months into the second season has he's really kicked on. He's only scored 4 and 7 assists in 22 which isn't bad if he keeps it up over the season, he'll be coming out with healthy season stats from midfield.

On the other hand, I've found Moutinho keeps the play ticking over I have him as an AP support. He doesn't contribute to goals or assists very often if at all but he's been getting high average ratings and done very well.

So here's my question, Neves is young and I'll be keeping him for years to come unless I get a completely crazy bid so I wondered what you guys would advice is the best role to go with a Roaming Playmaker in a 2 man midfield? Moutinho is ageing and I'm considering who will be his replacement. I already have Morgan Sanson, and a two young Regen's but I want my other midfielder to be as effective with goal and assist contribution as Neves if possible.

I would appreciate any of your tactical experience on a two man midfield and how you would move forward in my situation.

Thanks in advance.

hi.
was wondering if you could post your tactics or if i could get them in a private message?