Lubo1989

Reaction score
I just started a game as Wolves and wanted to share my game with the community.

Just about to play my first competitive match against Crystal Palace in the league so I'll give a quick rundown of what's happened so far.

Joined wolves and was given 4.2 million for signings and 25k a week extra for wages.

Players in so far:

Franco Zuculini - DM - £300k
Matias Lequi - CB - Free
Jonathan Cristaldo - ST - £250k
Gerard - CM - Free
Fabio - D/WB/AM L - Loan
Luca Santonocito - CM - Loan
Alexey Smertin - CM - Free
Bobo Balde - CB - £16k
Andrew Driver - AML - £2.2M

Players out so far:

Matt Jarvis to Coventry for 1.1 Mil

Friendly Results:

vs Tranmer W6-3 (Vokes [2], Berra, Ebanks-Blake, Iwelumo, Keogh)
vs Morecambe 2-2 (Ebanks-Blake, Gerard)
vs AFC Telford W3-1 (Iwelumo[2], Edwards)
vs Stoke W2-1 (Fabio, Edwards)
vs Hearts W1-0 (Balde)
vs Hibs 1-1 (Iwelumo)

Pre-season looks as though it will serve for good inspiration for coming season, however, two negatives I can draw from it:

1. Smertin was taken off injured just 25 minutes into his first game (against AFC telford)
  2. Cristaldo was injured against Stoke
Smertin will be out for 3-4 months with a torn calf muscle and Cristaldo 5-7 weeks with strained knee ligaments.

Edit: Meant to say, my expectation is to reach the play-offs.

Driver is a great signing, i would strongly suggest signing Steven Appiah (fantastic CM for the championship.

Driver is a great signing, i would strongly suggest signing Steven Appiah (fantastic CM for the championship.

i'm already in the process of offering him a contract, after smerten got injured i thought i'd need to bring in another midfield player that can tackle

he's actually a good SPL midfielder also and was part of my celtic team which beat Man Utd 6-2

thanks anyway

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 AM ----------

August 2008

Results

vs Crystal Palace CCC Away L 1-0 (Derry)

vs Exeter LC Away W 5-0 (Gerard, Vokes, Daniel Jones, Ebanks-Blake, Lequi)

vs Cardiff CCC Home L 3-1 (Chopra, Gerard, McPhail, Purse)

vs Watford CCC Away W 1-0 (David Jones)

vs Tranmere LC Away W 3-0 (Gerard, Vokes, Keogh)

vs Swansea CCC Home W 5-0 (Iwelumo, Ebanks-Blake[3], David Jones)

Comments:

Not a good start to the season against Crystal Palace, there just seemed to be a certain something missing from the team, they lacked a cutting edge. Build-up play was good but strikers just couldn't hit the net. Then the game against Exeter, good result although it was perhaps to be expected against League 2 opposition, only downside was Luca Santonocito making his debut for the club injured after playing 60 minutes and performing well. Then the game against Cardiff,first competitive match at home. Exasperating to say the least, Cardiff had 3 shots, all on target, all goals, as for Wolves, we had 9, 4 on target and one goal from the always dangerous Gerard. Next the game against Watford, very cagey game that was lit up by a screamer from David Jones from outside the box. A much reduced squad lined up against Tranmere with Gerard being the first team player picked. The month was ended on something of a high with the demolition of Swansea. Iwelumo eventually breaking his duck and the hat-trick from Ebanks-Blake being an obvious highlight, but David Jones getting his second of the season with a long range free-kick my favourite moment.

Transfers

In

Dejan Skolnik - ML - 75k
Stephen Appiah - DM/MC - Free
Andrius Velicka - ST - Loan
John Bateman - GK - 200k

Out

None

Comments:

Appiah should be a great acquisition but arrived at the club with a virus so haven't been able to play him as of yet, he's back in training now though. Velicka the on-loan Rangers striker will (hopefully) be able to hit the back of the net consistently. Bateman and Skolnik are players for the future.

General Comments:

Finished the month in 10th place in the League, not ideal but hopefully I'll be able to climb to the play-off places over the course of the season. Will travel to Sunderland in the League Cup 3rd Round with no pressure on me as I've alread reached my minimum expectations for the tournament.

Last edited:
September 2008:

Results:

vs Southampton CCC Away W 2-1 (Iwelumo, Velicka)

vs Barnsley CCC Home W 1-0 (Driver)

vs Reading CCC Away L 4-1 (Hahnemann [og])

vs Sunderland LC Away W 3-2 (Ebanks-Blake, Iwelumo, Velicka)

vs Blackpool CCC Home W 2-0 (Velicka, Ebanks-Blake)

Comments:

4 wins from 5 is not a bad month by any ones standards, particularly when one of those wins is against premiership opposition in their back garden. The game against Reading was a shambles, Lequi the heart of my defence was sent off 15 minutes into the game, allowing Noel Hunt to score from the spot. With no CBs on the bench i was forced to play Matt Hill (a LB) in defence. The game against Sunderland was a cracker. Ebanks-Blake opened the scoring on 9 minutes, the game was scrappy after this with Sunderland trying to break down my resolute defence, with Balde replacing the suspended Lequi. Things seemed to be going well until Carlos Edwards equalised in the 81st minute. The match went to Extra Time. Iwelumo scored in 92' then Velicka (on for the tired Ebanks-Blake) got the third on 105 minutes. There was to be another twist in the tail though as Ryan Nosworthy pulled one back for the home side with 1 minute remaining. Overall delighted with the effort of my team. Arsenal in the next round, can we win it? Surely not?

Another positive for the side is Stephen Appiah and Nigel Quashie returning to the first team following injury. Both players are unfit due to their lengthy injuries, but I'm slowly coaxing Appiah back to full fitness. Also Dejan Skolnic the Croatian U21 internationalist made his debut against Blackpool, setting Ebanks-Blake up and also claiming man of the match. A very promising performance from the youngster.

The Coca-Cola Championship:
(as of 1st October 2008)

View attachment 5099

------------------------------------------

October 2008

Results:

vs Sheffield Wed CCC Away W 4-2 (Kightly, Ebanks-Blake, Berra, Gleeson)

vs Norwich CCC Home W 3-2 (Ebanks-Blake[2], Gerard)

vs Derby CCC Away 3-3 (Velicka, Ebanks-Blake, Driver)

vs Ipswich CCC Home W 2-1 (Velicka[2])

vs Plymouth CCC Away W 1-0 (Gerard)

Comments:

Another month Wolves got 4 victories out of a possible 5. Delighted with the efforts of all the players, particularly Ebanks-Blake, Velicka and Gerard. Ebanks-Blake became the leagues top scorer following his brace against Norwich, while Velicka now has 6 goals and Gerard 5. Not much really to say about this month as the team seem to be on a good run of form and also that I won manager of the month.

Coca-Cola Championship:
(as of 1st November 2008)

Last edited:
a gd signin u get cud on loan or cheap is brahim hemdani of rangers