Afcwimbledon2

Reaction score
SW19's-army.co.uk

Simmie Vale named as new manager of AFC Wimbledon

Posted on: 6-7-2011 at 10:05 pm
So, we have a new manager, and guess what, I can't believe how stupid the boards been! What were they thinking hiring an inexperienced 30 year old, when we have no money, a poor squad and our first ever relegation battle.

I know even I was worried that Terry Brown was just not up to the standard, but I would of prefered to keep him! Oh well, only time will tell before we see how bad he is.

Although saying that, “Simmie Womble” is a regular user of WUP. Maybe he's a real fan?

Dear Diary,
Woah, I've just been appointed manager of the Football Team I love. I think I'm in heaven. I'm going to have a lot of hard work to get this team up to scratch. Our defence especially, and I'm not a very good defensive coach either.
I've been given just £50,000 to improve the squad, which is probably the most this club's ever given a manager. But who can I sign with League Experience for that money? This may turn into a Free-Transfer season.
I am going to have to look at changing the Coaching Staff, the vast majority of the are Part-Time, including the incumbent assistant Stuart Cash. If we are going to stand a chance, that will have to change. I am going to have to slowly change the Coaching Staff around.

Lets get to work!

Pre-Season Update:
1-0 (W)
AFC Wimbledon vs AFC Wimbledon Development Squad
7/7/2011 @ The Waterside Stadium ATT: 0

Well this is very much different, our development squad has some handy defenders, maybe Jamie Stuart will become a Second-Half Substitue soon, although it will take a while for them to do well.
I liked the look of Ryan Jackson as well, I dropped him down to the Dev Squad to see what would happen, and he had Gwillim and Bush totally when it came to pace. I see him being my AMR later this season.

1-1 (D)
AFC Wimbledon vs Blackburn Rovers
10/7/2011 @ The Cherry Red Record Fans Stadium – Kingsmeadow ATT: 4,516

Some handy performances there, I was really pleased with Trialist Harry Worley – I'm looking at him to add some youth but talent to our Central Defence. I am going to have to look at signing him from Oxford United. My scouts reckon I can sign him for £25k, which is half my budget – but it will be worth it.

1-0 (W)
AFC Wimbledon vs Charlton Athletic
12/7/2011 @ The Cherry Red Record Fans Stadium – Kingsmeadow ATT: 2,584

Just as good a game, I like the look of Ademeno's pace, but he is too small and that is always going to be a problem. He will be a good impact substitute.

2-0 (W)
AFC Wimbledon vs Worcester Athletic
19/7/2011 @ St George's Lane ATT: 459

Ryan Jackson's proving himself again, this could be good. Scored a great goal, and if he can keep his form up all season, we will have ourselves a very good player.

3-1 (W)
AFC Wimbledon vs Kettering Town
25/7/2011 @ Nene Park ATT: 630

3-1 (W)
AFC Wimbledon vs Kidderminster Harriers
28/7/2011 @ Aggborough ATT: 652

Transfer Update:
In:
Harry Worley (Oxford) - £26k (CB)
Cian Hughton – Free (DR/WBR/MR)
Michael Ricketts – Free (ST)
Omar Koroma – Free (ST)
Tom Kilbey – Free (AMC/CM)

Out:
Jack Turner – Loan to Chelmsford City FC
Reece Jones – Loan to Welling United FC
Max Porter- Free
Fraser Franks -Free
Quincy Rowe - Free
Charlie Girdler – Free
Nathan Gordon – Free
Harry Knock – Free
Ali Aksoy – Free
Mat Mitchell King – Free
Michael Ricketts – Free – Torquay United FC

Dear Diary...
I think I've got some handy signings, I've bulstered my squad with 4 talented and improving players, and gotten rid of the dead wood. I was rather stupid over Michael Ricketts though, I played him in onematch, and he was woeful. I gave him a few training sessions and he showed no ability what so ever. Torquay have snapped him up, so I don't mind too much.
My squad looks impressive to be honest, with a lot of youth and pace,but also some good quality brains. I'm looking to play a 4-2-4 formation, that changes to a 4-5-1 in defense.
View attachment 213561
View attachment 213562
(This is taken during the season so don't think I'm cheating).

The team you saw, is roughly the kind of team I want to play, my only qualm is that I only have one GK, as i've sent Jack Turner on a loanspell at Chelmsford. But he needs the playing time, as Seb is a fantastic goalkeeper who I trust.

We've got a big game tommorow – the Carling Cup Preliminary Round vs Crawley Town. We're at home, and I'm praying we have a massive Kingsmeadow support for the Dons.

Last edited:
2-3(L)
AFC Wimbledon vs Crawley Town​
30/7/2011@ The Cherry Red Records Fans Stadium - Kingsmeadow ATT: 5194
View attachment 213563
It was all going well until after Half Time, then I gave a rubbish teamtalk, I told them to “Keep it up”, and of course, they got Complacent. Oh well, at least this will be the ONLY chance fatty Steve Evans gets to laugh at me. God I hate him. I really really really do. He is just so rude, and brainless.

It was a good performance in the first half, and my mouth did drop in shock. It was nice to see a full capacity crowd too.
I think I may have to change the midfield around, for the tactic to work, we need our DMC to dominate.