Riess

Reaction score
Playing as Chelsea. First season won the treble. Bought in Neymar, Papadopolous, Vrsaljko & Fellaini. Signed a lot of youngsters throughout the year. MOST deals were done over 48 months, perhaps thats my downfall?!

We went bankrupt and my wage cap went from 2.5MILLION to 650K.

Have NO idea what happened.

Happened to anyone else??

You signed a lot of expensive players on installments, and you have no idea what happened? Seriously?

Yes that was your problem you done most deals on 4 years, very expensive deals which drained your clubs money... I am playing a way lower rep club and I don't do big time signings on 4 years, max is 1.mil which I pay for a player on four years... Add those signings, plus player/staff wage, travelling etc. and you get a nice load 0 amount of money even though you've won it all...

Yeah, the 4 year installments was your downfall. What an achievement with making Chelsea go bankrupt though lol :p

Abrohimovic won his cl trophy but went bankrupt in the proses. Warning for other billionaires(man city) that football is more than money.

I'm well aware of the signings but I've just had the advertisement saying we have the top sponsorship. I just thought it was strange to win the treble and become bankrupt

Im confused, I thought Abramovich underwrote the club, so he would clear debts when needed :S. Must of changed in FM 12

Im confused, I thought Abramovich underwrote the club, so he would clear debts when needed :S. Must of changed in FM 12

maybe he had too much vodka after winning the treble, thus forgot to do his daily task of clearing debts ;)

u must have brought more than enough. like neyamr might be 70m, with another 20 for fellaini, god **** u spent 90m+ already XD

Last edited:
I did that in FM 11 once. Not with installments. But rather signing world class players on 200k+ wages. Then resigned. Experienced their downfall while Im happily winning on the other end :D