mamudi

Reaction score
Hello Managers,

I have made a team with Wonderkids and my first season just kicked off.
The problem is I can't get the right fit for my team. I tried a lot of different tactics including J Woody's.

I did quite good against my own team, won 5-0. I arrenged a friendly with chelsea and i keep loosing. The best results was a 2-2.

So I was wondering if any fellow managers could help me.
The Only thing i know which worked well was.
Jovetic AML Inside forward Attack
Bojan: Deep Laying forward Atatck
Also Pato scored 7/7 for me but somehow he can't score at the chelsea game.

This is my team

Gk: Areola, Sergio Asenjo
DL: Mattock, Diego Renan
DR: Davide Santon
DC: Otamendi, Jonny Evans
DC: Sakho
AML: Di Maria, Jovetic
AMR: Alexis Sanchez, Eduardo Salvio
MC: Toni Kroos
MC: Marco Verratti, Pjanic
ST: Bojan, Mario Balotelli
ST: Pato

Thank you In Advance

the fact that none of your midfielders are defensively minded means you will concede plenty of goals

I saw that point, i am trying to sign Sissoko

Mate your problem is that these are kids. I haven't been playing FM manager for long and I don't know all your wunderkids in detail but I do know a few of them.

Areola is young and not a good keeper. Sure he has great potential but he develops slowly. Its 8 years or so till he hits his peak. You can't expect him to keep out drogba, anelka, lampard ect.

Otamendi I signed in my Chelsea game. By attributes he would have been the #5 DC. I knew about his potential and played regularly for development purposes. Rotating with Terry and Carvalho selling Alex and playing Ivanovic as a back up RB. But as I said Chelsea have 4 DCs better than him at the moment. By the 3rd season he established himself ahead of Terry or Carvalho as the best DC in the squad.

Marco Verratti I signed as Chelsea as well. He was on day one of a lower quality than Lampard, Ballack, Deco, Essien, and Mikel. My coaches told me he was a decent league 1 player. I sold Deco played Verratti in reserve and youth team and as an occasional sub for the first team and on the third season in the game he replaced Ballack in a regular rotation into the first team. Still weaker than Lampard, Essien and Mikel but not by much.

Anyway wonderkids can't go toe to toe with the big boys for a season or two unless you want to get thumped. You really impress me with drawing and narrow defeats against Chelsea.

By the way Lorenzo Cristig of Inter is a 16 year old DC wonderkid if you don't sign Sissoko.

Hello Managers,

I have made a team with Wonderkids and my first season just kicked off.
The problem is I can't get the right fit for my team. I tried a lot of different tactics including J Woody's.

I did quite good against my own team, won 5-0. I arrenged a friendly with chelsea and i keep loosing. The best results was a 2-2.

So I was wondering if any fellow managers could help me.
The Only thing i know which worked well was.
Jovetic AML Inside forward Attack
Bojan: Deep Laying forward Atatck
Also Pato scored 7/7 for me but somehow he can't score at the chelsea game.

This is my team

Gk: Areola, Sergio Asenjo
DL: Mattock, Diego Renan
DR: Davide Santon
DC: Otamendi, Jonny Evans
DC: Sakho
AML: Di Maria, Jovetic
AMR: Alexis Sanchez, Eduardo Salvio
MC: Toni Kroos
MC: Marco Verratti, Pjanic
ST: Bojan, Mario Balotelli
ST: Pato

Thank you In Advance
its you first season, you team is totally new so there is basically no squad gelling that is where you problem lies. it will take the most of the first season for them to gel in any real sense, so to be honest expect a lot of disjointed performances,not to mention they are all obviously young, the will be a lack of leadership, experience etc,. thats why they will struggle, the next season or two will be hard.

For a team like yours the best place to start is a lower league.

I made a scenario save a while ago (basically, long-time Leeds fan leaves tons of cash for te club to sign young talent), and signed a lot of the players you have lined up.
At league 1 they were absolutely amazing, and as the years went on and they developed and learned playing together, they simply ripped the following leagues to shreds, becoming PRM runners-up in only the third season.

SO, as what others said, wonderkids are in fact kids, and most lack the experience to compete with the big guys, especially in mental attributes.
The best you can do if you have a wonderkid on your hand is have a very experienced player in the same position that can tutor him and help him develop, and if you play your future star all the time you will only add to him burning if you are not careful.

i need 3 years to build my getafe ...
lots of wonderkids (otamendi, ustari, boilesen, diego renan, verratti, parejo, keirison, pedro leon), but at all you still need a 'big boys' to compete. <)