Reaction score
I'm not looking at what the best young stars are, or what strikers are going to score the most goals - I'm looking at what the perfect signings could be for different reasons. High talent, High potential - relatively low price

i.e. Great signing Target Man: Oscar Cardozo - Benfica. High heading, strength, jumping, etc. Not too old and just a great target man. What makes him a wonder signing? He's quite cheap (6 million euros, according to scouts) and he is only 25.

Great full-back/versatile: Darijo Srna - Shakhtar. In contention for the best right back in the game - you can get Srna for 19 million or less. He has very high stats, is very fast, quite strong, etc etc. What makes him a wonder signing? You can get better than Dani Alves for 19 million euros.

Cheaper Fabregas: Jeremy Toulalan - Lyon. This player is a bit older than Cesc (24) but he is essentially a copy of the Fab one. Not quite as mentally or technically gifted, he still has long shots and passing in the red along with another 5 or so attributes that are at 14 or 15. High creativity and many other things. What makes him a wonder signing? You can get your very own Fabregas for only around 20 million euros. Final word: Where is he better than Cesc? He has 16 tackling.

Perfect Professional: Joao Moutinho - Sporting CP. This player combines Fabregas with Ze Roberto and Andrea Pirlo. At 21 years old he has 17 passing, 16 long shots, 15 technique, 16 first touch and 16 free kicks. Considering his age and work rate he has the potential to be 16 or higher in 7 of his techincaly attributes that are not already 16 or higher.
His mentality is 16 or more in every attribute but flair (11) and positioning (15)
He is not weak (13 str), not slow (13 pace) and has alot of stamina and fitness (17 and 14, respectively) What makes him a wonder signing? The last time I bought him - at Bayern - he cost 15.25 million euros. Scouts said I could get him for 11.5 million euros. That's a very, very low price for a midfielder who is a 'model professional' and is better than Fabragas in quite a few respects.

Other exceptional signings: Miguel Veloso - DMC (Sporting CP) Angelo Palombo - DMC (Sampdoria) Mario Gomez - ST (Stuttgart) Andrey Arshavin - Versatile (Zenit) Rafael Van der Vaart - AMC (Real Madrid)

Anyone else got some wonder signings?

They don't have to be particularly young; the main positives about 'wonder signings' is their value - high talent/potential for relatively low prices.

Last edited:
Stekelnburg of Ajax - Has got stats in the right areas and is affordable

i.e. Great signing Target Man: Oscar Cardozo - Benfica. High heading, strength, jumping, etc. Not too old and just a great target man. What makes him a wonder signing? He's quite cheap (6 million euros, according to scouts) and he is only 25.

He was brilliant for me on FM 08 in the Ajax Challenge we did. Without him I don't think I would of even came close to winning the Champions League.

picture.php

Lukas Podolski!!

yeah podolski is quite good, also try luca toni, his finishing is 20, i havent managed to get hold of him yet but i reckon he would be sensational, bayern accept offers of around 25-40mil but offering him a contract he likes is very hard as he is on 110k at bayern

Benji de ceulaer is a must for any championship side will only cost 1.5mil and has been very good for me in both 08 and now 09 works really well on the right wing (especially when pushed up) he destroys the championship although is only a decent player in the prem! but for his quality is a real bargain!

I'm not looking at what the best young stars are, or what strikers are going to score the most goals - I'm looking at what the perfect signings could be for different reasons. High talent, High potential - relatively low price

Great full-back/versatile: Darijo Srna - Shakhtar. In contention for the best right back in the game - you can get Srna for 19 million or less. He has very high stats, is very fast, quite strong, etc etc. What makes him a wonder signing? You can get better than Dani Alves for 19 million euros.

Cheaper Fabregas: Jeremy Toulalan - Lyon. This player is a bit older than Cesc (24) but he is essentially a copy of the Fab one. Not quite as mentally or technically gifted, he still has long shots and passing in the red along with another 5 or so attributes that are at 14 or 15. High creativity and many other things. What makes him a wonder signing? You can get your very own Fabregas for only around 20 million euros. Final word: Where is he better than Cesc? He has 16 tackling.

Perfect Professional: Joao Moutinho - Sporting CP. This player combines Fabregas with Ze Roberto and Andrea Pirlo. At 21 years old he has 17 passing, 16 long shots, 15 technique, 16 first touch and 16 free kicks. Considering his age and work rate he has the potential to be 16 or higher in 7 of his techincaly attributes that are not already 16 or higher.
His mentality is 16 or more in every attribute but flair (11) and positioning (15)
He is not weak (13 str), not slow (13 pace) and has alot of stamina and fitness (17 and 14, respectively) What makes him a wonder signing? The last time I bought him - at Bayern - he cost 15.25 million euros. Scouts said I could get him for 11.5 million euros. That's a very, very low price for a midfielder who is a 'model professional' and is better than Fabragas in quite a few respects.

Other exceptional signings: Miguel Veloso - DMC (Sporting CP) Angelo Palombo - DMC (Sampdoria) Mario Gomez - ST (Stuttgart) Andrey Arshavin - Versatile (Zenit) Rafael Van der Vaart - AMC (Real Madrid)

Anyone else got some wonder signings?

They don't have to be particularly young; the main positives about 'wonder signings' is their value - high talent/potential for relatively low prices.

wow amazing..
it's confusing me, why twice i use ManCy and try to sign Cardozo and it take more than 20 M to bring him to my camp.. quite expensive but still OK to remaind that Mancy have a lot of money..

i would rather but victor moses than most of them, pick him up for 2m and he turns in to a monster goal scoring machine after the first year! :D

Sergio Asenjo (great goalie)
Marcelo (you can get this leftback pretty cheap but contract him before man city does ^^)

I got a hold of Agüero (€50M) in my 2nd season with Arsenal, just finished the friendlies.
I must add: Theo Walcott got Youth player of the year (he's been playing on the right wing) followed by Sergio Asenjo :wub:

i got benzema for 20 million at liverpool when he was unhappy with his contract

am doin spurs at the mo and first year jemaine defoe all comp 41 goals in the prem 30 top goal scorin in the elague so he only cost 12m amazing player