Wondering Into The Unknown - A Bristol City Story

After your slow start things are coming along nicely, in and around the playoffs would be a cracking improvement on 2015/16 and if you can get into the playoffs anything can happen

View attachment 1090112

Playoffs

Semi Final Leg One
View attachment 1090113

Semi Final Leg Two
View attachment 1090114

Final
View attachment 1090115

WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE

I'm in a slight shock, my hand built tactic, gets Bristol City into the premier league, what a season, ups and downs, ins and outs, lefts and rights, but Premier League football in Bristol for 2017/2018 season.

Now postseason, think what is needed to be done, deadwood to get rid off, improvements to be made, most importantly, let the players have a holiday, after all, their hard work paid off.

After your slow start things are coming along nicely, in and around the playoffs would be a cracking improvement on 2015/16 and if you can get into the playoffs anything can happen

Already done the play-offs and won promotion through it. Onwards to the premiership campaign.

Already done the play-offs and won promotion through it. Onwards to the premiership campaign.
Sorry mate, don't know why but my computer had only loaded half the story, but I knew you'd do it :p good luck in the EPL!

View attachment 1090362

Pre-Season (aka July) 2017

Friendlies

Waasland-Beveren 0-2 Bristol City
Jamie Paterson (12) and Lorenzo Ariaudo (40)

Bristol City 1-1 Mainz
Callum O'Dowda (90+3) -Levin Oztunali (73)

Forest Green Rovers 0-4 Bristol City
Tammy Abraham (9, 30), Jack Byrne (17) and Luke Freeman (34)

Ipswich Town 1-1 Bristol City
Brett Pitman (Pen 60) - Hordur Magnusson (14)

Transfers

In

View attachment 1090363

Mariusz Stepinski from FC Nantes for 2 million

Loan extended until 30/06/2019 of Tammy Abraham

Out

View attachment 1090364

Arnold Garita to Portsmouth for 300k

Joel Ekstrand to Wolverhampton Wanderers on a season-long loan

Korey Smith to QPR on a season-long loan

Dean Henderson to Oldham on a season-long loan

Diego De Girolamo to Accrington Stanley on a season-long loan

Wes Burn to Huddersfield on a season-long loan

Louis Moult to Charlton on a season-long loan

Gonzalo Maroni to Viktoria Plzen on a season-long loan

Andrija Pavlovic to Maritimo on a season-long loan

Christofer Gonzales to Valenciennes FC on a season-long loan

Key Players for the season.

Tammy Abraham
View attachment 1090365

Zacharie Boucher
View attachment 1090366

Jack Byrne
View attachment 1090367

View attachment 1090390

August 2017

League

Bristol City 1-0 Hull City
Lee Tomlin (45)

Swansea City 0-2 Bristol City
Lee Tomlin (18) and Gustav Engvall (74)

Bristol City 1-3 Chelsea
Luke Freeman (77) - Diego Costa (17), Marcos Alonso (79) and Pedro (82)

Arsenal 3-1 Bristol City
Paulo Dybala (25, 38) and Mesut Ozil (84) - Tammy Abraham (41)

EFL Cup

Second Round
Bristol City 1
-1 Swindon Town
Haris Belkebla (15)
- Bright Enobakhare (13)

Penalties
Bristol City 8
-7 Swindon Town
Scored: Luke Garbutt, Tammy Abraham, Patrick Roberts, Luke Freeman, Bobby Reid, Jonathan Gradit, Lorenzo Ariaudo and Zacharie Boucher - Jamie O'Hara, Luke Norris, Nathan Thompson, Bright Enobakhare, Henrik Bjordal, Matthew Upson and Brandon Ormonde-Ottewill
Missed: Lee Tomlin, Aden Flint and Haris Belkebla - John Goddard, Brian Lenihan, Sean Murray and Will Mannion

EFL Cup Third Round Draw

Bristol City
vs West Ham United

League Table

View attachment 1090392
12th in the premier league seems good in the first month in the premier league, 2 wins, and 2 defeats, but I'm not to down hearted by the defeats as it was Chelsea and Arsenal.

Key Player of the month

Lee Tomlin

View attachment 1090393
He's been the standout player of the month, no-one else could come close to winning the award.

Transfers

In

View attachment 1090394
Patrick Roberts from Manchester City on a season-long loan

View attachment 1090395
Luke Garbutt from Everton for 1.4 million

View attachment 1090396
Sean Goss from Free Agents on a free

Out

Peter Pawlett to Blackburn Rovers on a season-long loan with an optional future fee of 2 million

Sean Goss to Rotherham on a season-long loan

Great season in the championship and so far a good start in the Premier League mate. Aiming for the FA Cup final this time round? ;)

Great season in the championship and so far a good start in the Premier League mate. Aiming for the FA Cup final this time round? ;)

Looking more towards staying in the premier league than getting cups, but if a good cup run is there, and a final is in sight, we may take it, but premier league staying is the aim, get the money in from staying in the premier league.

View attachment 1090540

September 2017

League

Bristol City 1-0 Manchester United
Gustav Engvall (64)

Everton 3-0 Bristol City
Kevin Mirallas (65) and Romelu Lukaku (77, 89)

Bristol City 3-2 AFC Bournemouth
Jonathan Gradit (2), Tammy Abraham (19) and Patrick Roberts (45) - Callum Wilson (80) and Steve Cook (90+1)

West Ham United 3-1 Bristol City
Diafra Sakho (7, 66) and Sofiane Feghouli (44) - Jamie Paterson (30)

EFL Cup

Third Round
Bristol City 2-1 West Ham United
Tammy Abraham (5) and Jamie Paterson (22) - Diafra Sakho (4)

EFL Fourth Round Draw

Norwich City vs Bristol City

League Table
View attachment 1090542
12th in the league, not going bad in the first season in the premier league, let's get some momentum and get some more wins to stay up in the league.

Key Player of the month

Zacharie Boucher
View attachment 1090541
The goalkeeper kept a solid month but leaked a bit while still being the guy, between the sticks with an award in his hands.

Hey mate, loving the story, just had a read through today and it is great! Was just wondering if there was a chance you could upload your tactic. I am trying to create a good 4-5-1 for my current game but I'm struggling.

Hey mate, loving the story, just had a read through today and it is great! Was just wondering if there was a chance you could upload your tactic. I am trying to create a good 4-5-1 for my current game but I'm struggling.

If I can of know how to be able to upload the tactic, I would, I may need to find out first then I'll be able to do so.

I think I just have done it.

Link to tactic.
4-5-1 Possession

There are specific things to do with it.

Opposition Instructions

All players have to have always/always/hard/weaker foot

Set Pieces

RM to take right corner
LM to take left corner
Best free kick taker for free kicks
RB to take right throws
LB to take left throws

Match Preparation

Match Tactics all season long

Just use the go advanced options when you post on the thread and there is an attachments button. The tactic will be in the football manager 2017 folder, which is found in my documents, in the tactics folder.

Just use the go advanced options when you post on the thread and there is an attachments button. The tactic will be in the football manager 2017 folder, which is found in my documents, in the tactics folder.

I think I just have done it.

Link to tactic.
4-5-1 Possession

There are specific things to do with it.

Opposition Instructions

All players have to have always/always/hard/weaker foot

Set Pieces

RM to take right corner
LM to take left corner
Best free kick taker for free kicks
RB to take right throws
LB to take left throws

Match Preparation

Match Tactics all season long

Managed to do it with mediafire.

Thank you mate. I will let you know how I get along with it. Good luck in the Premier League this year, I will be awaiting the results eagerly.

View attachment 1090569

October 2017

League

Newcastle United 3-1 Bristol City
Aleksandar Mitrovic (33, 79) and Steven Caulker (90+3) - Lee Tomlin (51)

Bristol City 1-0 Crystal Palace
Lee Tomlin (73)

Leicester City 3-2 Bristol City
Riyad Mahrez (Pen 22, 78) and Aden Flint (Own Goal 32) - Lee Tomlin (5) and Patrick Roberts (9)

EFL Cup

Fourth Round
Norwich City 1-0 Bristol City
Josh Murphy (11)

League Table

View attachment 1090570

11th, improved by one position, still just aiming for safety in the league by staying in the league.

Key Player of the month

Lee Tomlin
View attachment 1090571

The goals he's given us in the month makes him the standout player for the month.

View attachment 1090581

Assistant Manager changes at Bristol City.

John Pemberton Out
View attachment 1090582
Grant Thame have relieved John Pemberton from his role as assistant manager, in order for the club to progress in the premier league.

Kevin Summerfield In
View attachment 1090583

Grant Thame have announced Kevin Summerfield has his new assistant, after a small search for a new one after relieving John Pemberton from his contract.

Grant Thame has his to say about Kevin Summerfield.

"He's an experienced assistant manager, with more man management than Pemberton had, so it was a simple choice to bring him in".

View attachment 1090603

November 2017

League

Bristol City 5-3 Burnley
Tammy Abraham (2, 27), Lee Tomlin (18), Patrick Roberts (30) and Joe Bryan (83) - Alan Judge (73), Ashley Barnes (75) and Carl Jenkinson (90)

Stoke City 2-3 Bristol City
Bojan (12) and Munir (31) - Aden Flint (1), Lee Tomlin (18) and Joe Bryan (58)

Bristol City 1-1 Tottenham
Lee Tomlin (57) - Yann M'Vila (73)

League Table
View attachment 1090604
7th, what a month, 2 wins and 1 draw, but 7th after November, I can't really believe it, can we push for Europe, what a thought European football in Bristol, the pride of the west country, where the best drink you can get is cider (I personally don't drink but for story purpose, a good drink of cider works wonders).

Key Player of the month

Bobby Reid
View attachment 1090605
Nothing compares to what animal this is in attacking midfield, I started him against Burnley and he did 2 assists, so he kept his spot on the pitch for Stoke and Tottenham (Interesting fact, I went to the same secondary school as him, same school year as well).

View attachment 1090666

December 2017

League

Manchester City 3-2 Bristol City
Antoine Griezmann (2, 52) and Sergio Aguero (20) - Joe Bryan (11) and Tammy Abraham (41)

West Brom 3-0 Bristol City
Sam Field (14), Terence Kongolo (52) and Salomon Rondon (67)

Bristol City 0-4 Liverpool
Adam Lallana (27), Lazar Markovic (41), Lucas Biglia (Pen 65) and Divock Origi (71)

Bristol City 2-0 Sheffield Wednesday
Hordur Magnusson (81) and Tammy Abraham (85)

Watford 2-0 Bristol City
Etienne Capoue (35, 65)

Bristol City 3-1 Swansea City
Josh Brownhill (39), Gustav Engvall (59) and Patrick Roberts (81) - Jefferson Montero (73)

FA Cup Third Round Draw

Bristol City VS Gillingham

League Table
View attachment 1090667
11th, fallen down the table, then again did have Manchester City and Liverpool to contend with, but the defeats to West Brom and Watford could have been a different result.

Key Player of the month

Hordur Magnusson
View attachment 1090668
The Icelandic centre back is the outstanding winner of the award, only Luke Garbutt could come close but not close enough.

View attachment 1090677

I was given 13.5 million from the chairman for transfers in late November, so I thought to go and get players signed before the transfer window so after putting the budget to 7.5 million for transfers to get some cash for wage budget.

Transfers

In

View attachment 1090681
Moritz Leitner from Lazio for £2,600,000 (Unfortunately injured for 2 months).

View attachment 1090682
Jorginho from Benfica B for £1,750,000 (£750,000 up front with £1,000,000 over 48 months).

View attachment 1090683
Nuno Goncalves from Benfica B for £2,750,000 (£750,000 up front with £2,000,000 over 48 months).

View attachment 1090684
Tasos Bakasetas from AEK for £2,000,000 (£1,000,000 up front with £1,000,000 over 48 months).

Out

View attachment 1090685
David Achucarro to Wolfsburg for £1,000,000. Given he couldn't get a work permit and I thought I cash in on his £1,000,000 minimum release fee, after buying him on a free transfer in the summer window.

View attachment 1090744

January 2018

League

Hull City 2-1 Bristol City
Sam Clucas (65) and Ryan Mason (90+2) - Lee Tomlin (83)

Chelsea 4-2 Bristol City
Jorginho (Own Goal 35), Nemanja Matic (68), Oscar (82) and Pedro (90) - Lee Tomlin (23) and Mariusz Stepinski (85)

Bristol City 0-1 Arsenal
Aaron Ramsey (15)

Manchester United 4-0 Bristol City
Zlatan Ibrahimovic (32, 35, 39) and Juan Mata (45)

FA Cup

Third Round
Bristol City 3-0 Gillingham
Tammy Abraham (2), Patrick Roberts (13) and Tasos Sakasetas (38)

Fourth Round
Bristol City 3-1 Manchester United
Tammy Abraham (11) and Joe Bryan (16, 24) - Hordur Magnusson (Own Goal 70)
(Tactic slightly changed for this match, moved an AMC into ST (Poacher, with shoot more often player instruction) and the other AMC into the middle)

FA Cup Fifth Round Draw

Blackburn Rovers or Stoke City VS Bristol City

League Table
View attachment 1090745
12th, still not bad for the first season in the league, just for the rest of the season to keep it that way.

Key Player of the month

The Fans
View attachment 1090746
Because of a poor month, I feel the best to do is honour the fans this month, they are putting up with the wins, draws and defeats.

Transfers

Out

Luke Freeman loaned to Leeds until end of the season

Conor Townsend loaned to Swindon until end of the season