deptfordlion

Reaction score
Sorry if I'm missing something obvious here. Had a quick search and couldn't find anything on this.
Basically I'm in 2015 at the moment, and I have just had a look at the best young players in the world or wonderkids. However, I have failed to find one single player actually labelled a wonderkid. Do they only appear as this once they are on your team? Seems odd that there would be no wonderkids, although the quality of regens is not exactly up to scratch at the minute!!
cheers

Are you just checking regens ?
Try checking Ross barkley hes normally labelled as one

yes! thats exactly what i thought but no he isnt either.:S
in ten years time it looks like the quality of football in my save is going to be dire:p

it does normally at the age of 20 e.g. Vaclav Kadlec was wonderkid in one of my saves

1) these wonderkids playing at small clubs will not be shown as wonderkids, if you are a big team and sign them they will most of the time be shown as wonderkids, it depends on the clubs rep!

2) just because they have good stats etc does not necessarily mean they will be classed as wonderkids, its go to do with their potential ability, not current

cheers guys, i understand the concept of what should make a wonderkid. but there really doesnt seem to be one throughout my game at the moment at big clubs small clubs etc.
not a big problem tho i suppose, thanks

They do definitely exist in fm12. Im in 2016 and i've only ever seen 2, one of which was a 19yr old nigerian keeper playing for Anzhi, and the other was a striker in the dutch leagues.

tbh im glad the label is rarer, used to be far too easy to tell who was good or not at least now you actually have to take some sort of gamble.