ryanjames

Reaction score
I'm sheff utd. Mario pugliese said it would have to be a very good offer for him to join me. I approached to time he but it didn't even let me offer him a contract?? Not the first player for this to happen with.
Even with the newest update it says it fixed situations such as this.. Please any ideas ?

Hes loyal to his club, so its only possible to sign him if your a bigger club than his current one im afraid. This is how it would work in real life, wouldnt see an amazing wonderkid sign to a team like sheff utd with respects to them.

Hes loyal to his club, so its only possible to sign him if your a bigger club than his current one im afraid. This is how it would work in real life, wouldnt see an amazing wonderkid sign to a team like sheff utd with respects to them.

Cheers for the reply. Why did he say in the media 'it would have to be a really good offer to tempt me' yet he won't even let me offer him anything, that's the bit I don't get ??

Cheers for the reply. Why did he say in the media 'it would have to be a really good offer to tempt me' yet he won't even let me offer him anything, that's the bit I don't get ??

Not sure, I have had that myself a few times but sometimes just cant get the players i want no matter how much i try and declare interest etc, either down to club rep or your own personal reputation as a Manager might be too low. I dont think its a bug or anything, think they intended it to be in the game so you cant just buy the Wonderkids for lower league teams as much as in previous FM's but i agree with the news things sometimes give the impression you can buy them if you offer them a good enough contract. Cant always believe the papers though :D

Could be the agent as well. Keep an ear out to see if he changes agents.

I had this problem with players who said it "would be a dream" blah blah but wouldn't let me offer a contract, try setting your Director of Football/Director/Head of Youth Development to handle offering youth players contracts and should work! Same applies for senior players also, set to handle new signing contracts and should go through, may be a glitch ....

I had this problem with players who said it "would be a dream" blah blah but wouldn't let me offer a contract, try setting your Director of Football/Director/Head of Youth Development to handle offering youth players contracts and should work! Same applies for senior players also, set to handle new signing contracts and should go through, may be a glitch ....

How do you do that sorry ?

He can be talking about 2 things.
1) Add him to transfer list and let your director of football handle the transfer. Usually I find this cumbersome and you normally have to overpay to get the players you want while the DoF will very rarely be willing the pay the price. Hate using this.

2) You make the transfer bid and let your DoF handle contract negotiations. Under staff responsibilities you can set your Director of Football to handle incoming transfer contract negotiations. Personally I like using this alot as your DoF will try and get the best contract for the club whereas whenever you negotiate the contract the agent usually reams you a new one. Your DoF will need high Motivation, Determination, Man Management, Reputation, and Good JPA/JCA.

From what is sounds like you're having trouble getting him to even negotiate a contract. If you DoF's rep is high enough should go with #2

He can be talking about 2 things.
1) Add him to transfer list and let your director of football handle the transfer. Usually I find this cumbersome and you normally have to overpay to get the players you want while the DoF will very rarely be willing the pay the price. Hate using this.

2) You make the transfer bid and let your DoF handle contract negotiations. Under staff responsibilities you can set your Director of Football to handle incoming transfer contract negotiations. Personally I like using this alot as your DoF will try and get the best contract for the club whereas whenever you negotiate the contract the agent usually reams you a new one. Your DoF will need high Motivation, Determination, Man Management, Reputation, and Good JPA/JCA.

From what is sounds like you're having trouble getting him to even negotiate a contract. If you DoF's rep is high enough should go with #2

Thanks for your reply mate! I'm sheff utd but I have got a pretty decent dof. I've tried to get some young talents on approach to sign offering very decent contracts (but I can afford them) but Grimaldo, pugliese wouldn't even zivokivich stayed with partizan?!?! Is there no way I can get them at all, any ideas ??