woodacre

Reaction score
Can anyone help, I have all my training set and am buying players aged 16-18 as a future for my team, what is the best way to progress the players? what age you start putting them in the team/bench? how do you achieve maximium potiential from your good young players?

sorry if this is posted in the wrong area.

not sure if this is the right place mate, but anyway ..

1) offer them out for loan at teams that will give them 1st team football and are in a good std of league for a season or two.
2) if you have good feeder clubs, send them there.
3) if you are a "big 4" team, offer them out for sale at like half price, activate the clause that you can buy them back @ x amount (normally the same or a little more than what they have offered) then accept to a team that you think will develop them the best and keep an eye on them, when you feel they are ready for 1st team after a year or two, buy them back at that small price you let them go at and the club cannot say no and if you are a "big 4" club, 99% of the time he should come back!
make sure you select the right club, otherwise you might not get him back!

4)also make sure that the clubs you send him too have a really state of the art youth academy or training facilities! just look at their information screen, this will be the most important thing to look out for when loaning out!

hope this helps mate, get really good coaches who are good with youngsters to help train if you decide to play them at your club.

if you do this, include the best ones as often as possible in the team, either starting or SUBBING them in every game, all the time even if it is for 1 minute! this will help the development faster than any other way mate, trust me! just sub them in alll the time!!

good points
also get 1 of your top players to take them under their wings,
LOAN THEM TO A CLUB THAT WILL ACTUALLY PLAY THEM (DONT KNOW WHY IM ON CAPS LOCK)

so the quickest way is to keep giving them small sub appearences? this work from any age? most of mine i want to improve are 17

Like he said loan them out to clubs that say he will be a valuable first player and not just cover. If you decide to keep them instead play them in the Carling Cup and early FA Cup rounds. Or in the league keep them on the bench and if you go 2 or 3 up give them a game.

so the quickest way is to keep giving them small sub appearences? this work from any age? most of mine i want to improve are 17
thats the perfect age mate, try this, take 2 guys that are quite equal and give the one SOME games like Carling Cup etc and maybe the easier FA Cup games and then the other guy, have him permanently on the bench and INCLUDE him in every game no matter what score it is and for how long it is and see what happens at the end of the season between the 2 stats wise.

i did this with Fabio Paim from Sporting on CM4 i think ages ago and in 2 seaons he was worth 32 million and was incredible and was pretty **** to start of with! (i tried this due to him having 20 flair and like 18 creativity to start)

sub the youngsters in EVERY single game <) think about it, he is getting 1st team caps every game, its nearly as valuable as starting them, but you not taking the full gamble on them starting!

thanks for that mate quality advice! i have 2 of my best 16-17 year olds on the bench now, at least one always makes an appearance if not both and the players i have done this with their stats are flying up!

thats the perfect age mate, try this, take 2 guys that are quite equal and give the one SOME games like Carling Cup etc and maybe the easier FA Cup games and then the other guy, have him permanently on the bench and INCLUDE him in every game no matter what score it is and for how long it is and see what happens at the end of the season between the 2 stats wise.

i did this with Fabio Paim from Sporting on CM4 i think ages ago and in 2 seaons he was worth 32 million and was incredible and was pretty **** to start of with! (i tried this due to him having 20 flair and like 18 creativity to start)

sub the youngsters in EVERY single game <) think about it, he is getting 1st team caps every game, its nearly as valuable as starting them, but you not taking the full gamble on them starting!

i tried your method with jose baxter and iker muniain but the attributes arent budging and no1 wants to loan them, and theyre on the tug training!

I don't think subbing them all the time is a good thing... after all, they're still young, they should play easier games. Don't get me wrong, i have a lot of respect for you! you play since when it was possible to make Fabio Paim a great player... just like me....:)
Anyway i have a different opinion in out to get the best out of you're youg players
If you don't mind breaking a few rules you won't have any problem doing this: send all ouf your best young players to a feeder from a lower division, train that feeder and make them first team player all the time. this way has a good advantage: you get to make the trains for them, so they should evolve whell.
Another way (the one that I use) is simpler and it doesn't implies the break of rules: you have a reservs team right?? then use it!
But be smart! the more games they have, the better they'll evolve, plus, if the games are easy, i mean really easy, they'll evolve into super stars! How? get them to make friendly games(sorry about the speling) from 4 in 4 days, do it with really easy teams like "999" or whatever... if they win like 14-0 the players are sure to evolve greatly.
If you want you can do this in a bigger level and this is how they'll evolve the best, it´s a cheat though...: Go train a team from another league, any team you want. loan the players you want to evolve to them, then stay training that team and before every game get a new manager in the team you are playing against with. make sure the team you have the players loaned allways wins by a lot. I did this back in the fm05 with Catania, using loaned young player from Benfica. Two of them where described as "wonder kids" in the end of the season

not really into cheating to take control of another team, though will look at sending some out a feeder club now if i can get the regular football and will compare the results of both methods.