churros

Reaction score
So I've read several threads that non EU foreign players should be loaned out to EU feeder clubs to gain their citizenship (?) so they don't need a WP to play in an English club..

But my question is HOW in the world do you even loan them out before even signing the player? Isn't the player out of my management until the contract is completely finalised, which before happening needs his WP grant?

Maybe those threads are for players already playing for your youth team, but this new player I'm trying to sign isn't even in my club in the first place and he's been denied a WP 5 times already. The **** am I supposed to do or am I at a dead end?

you have to have an affiliation with a foreign club that has work permit benefits. you sign the player, and he is unavailable for competitive matches (but can play in u18 and reserve games), then you can loan him out to that feeder club where he doesnt need a permit and in a few years of doing that he would have euro citizenship, usually it doesn't take that long however, after a year or two try to offer him a new contract and hopefully his repuatation has increased enough that he will get the permit.

having a EU affiliation is an absolute necessity this year in fm ive noticed, didn't have as much trouble on fm 12 signing young players from africa etc.....

Try and get an affilate where 2 years is needed to gain EU citizenship ... Cant remember the country though ? Maybe someone could help out.

Try and get an affilate where 2 years is needed to gain EU citizenship ... Cant remember the country though ? Maybe someone could help out.
Croatia. They tend to join the EU after one season. No point in getting one beforehand since you don't get the best.

Yeah ... I had Hajduk on my City save I seem to remember!

Yeah Croatia is the best. I have Dinamo, which have very good youth facilities so it's win-win for me :D

You two make mine look poor. My club isn't at the the top yet so I've got Slaven Belupo.

wait, so are these players you guys talking about completely new signings to your club or already been in your club and have WP denied when you try to extend their contracts?

because i can't find a way to loan out completely NEW signings, but it's no problem if it's a newgen already in my u18 squad

NK Slaven Belupo, often referred to simply as Slaven and known internationally as NK Slaven Koprivnica, is a Croatian football club based in the city of Koprivnica in the north of the country. Wikipedia
Founded: August 20, 1912
League: Croatian First League

wait, so are these players you guys talking about completely new signings to your club or already been in your club and have WP denied when you try to extend their contracts?

because i can't find a way to loan out completely NEW signings, but it's no problem if it's a newgen already in my u18 squad

These are completely new players who we have just bought. You have to have the feeder club for getting work permits first (Which is requested in the boardroom) and it won't cancel the transfer even if he fails his work permit :)

Help!!
Anybody managed to get feeder team from croatia/belgium whilst in league 2?
My teams rep is pretty low..an im guessing thats why im struggling to get a team to pair up with.
Ive tried 3 teams, progressively gettin worse..all said no.
Does someone know whats the lowest rep team out there in these leagues...anybody..were not choosey lol