Work permit duration...

jamielong951

Reaction score
Hi there,

First of all ive searched through previous threads and I havent found my answer. So please read through all of this thread.

Im trying to buy a player, transfer offer was accepted and im now offering him a contract. In a scout report it says he may not get a work permit - that is fine there is no harm in trying.

However in the offer contract notes, my assistant manager said 'you may want to keep an eye on him to ensure he qualifies for a work permit in the future.

This says to me that if I get a work permit initially, I may not get it a year into his contract. So my question is how long do work permits last? If I get one now when will it run out?

Dont want to waste my money here lol.

Cheers,
Jamie.

He will get a work permit if:
A - He plays a certain percentage of his countries international games in a year.
B - He moves to a EU country, where he will gain citizenship over 3, 4, or 5 years.

If you can, sign him, and try and loan him to Belgium, or Poland, where a player needs to be there 3 years to get citizenship, whereas in UK, its 5 years.

they last for the length of the contract I belive.

when the transfer is agreed, the work permit application will be reviewed. 1 of 4 things will happen.

1. permit will be denied, cannot sign player
2. permit will be given, go ahead and sign player
3. permit will be denied, you can then appeal and the permit is awarded, sign player
4. permit is denied, bt you can still sign player, he wont be eligble to play for you and must be loaned out to gain citizenship

i suspect from what youve said, option 4 will happen.

work permits run for the duration of the palyers contract

Ok thanks all for the help and very quick reply.

I'll continue playing now and let you know what happens.

Cheers,
Jamie.