Nathan123

Reaction score
I've had work permit applications turned down for Renan, Otamendi and Dzeko, all in the transfer window at the start of my second season. I'm Man City. Is their anyway round it? Or does anyone know why it keeps happening?

i heard that if you try again it normally gets accpeted

i don't know mate because you should easily be able to get a work permit for dzeko, and i don't know about the others as i've never signed them.

get otamedi just the same, loan him out for 2 seassons to a spanish club and TADA! he gets spanish citizenship and you got him to play for you at a nice age

just unlucky mate, maybe they were injured or something for the 1st season and did not play the required amount of games to obtain a WP (70%)

probably a stupid question did you appeal on the decision?

most definitely, you will read is Scouts feedback (report card, right at the bottom) on a player saying that the initial WP may be turned down...

Last edited by a moderator:
just unlucky mate, maybe they were injured or something for the 1st season and did not play the required amount of games to obtain a WP (70%)

Maybe but for a player such as Dzeko the extreme talent exception would be used...Seems strange.

Isn't that an international ruling? They either have to be an exceptional talent or have played 70% of the games for their country? I could be wrong..

Maybe but for a player such as Dzeko the extreme talent exception would be used...Seems strange.

Yeah that's what I would have thought, unless he's had like a severe injury for the last year and has been dropped by squad and country, it's the only thing I can think off :S