CAFerguson17

Reaction score
So I've sent a couple of players on loan to my Croatian feeder club to help gain a Work Permit - but how do I loan them for 725 CONSECUTIVE days? Cheers for any help

It says consecutive but it actually means he can't be out of the country for more than 30 days or something so once the loan finishes you send them straight back.

I think it's 50 days in Belgium, may be less for Croatia.

Worth saying that you could probably get their permit before 725 days. I loaned two players out to my Belgian feeder club. One player was a great prospect and I was fortunate enough that even at 18 he was in the first team for his nation (Tunisia). I delayed it a bit because I wanted to loan him out for experience anyway, but when I offered him a contract after 2 years (the rules for Belgium are 3 years, rather than 2) he got a work permit without any trouble.

The second player was a bit stranger. 20 year old Aussie, playing regularly for the under 21s/23s , but no senior caps. After his second season on loan he returned able to play for us. When I loaned him to my Scottish feeder club he was approved for a work permit. May just have been a bug though.

Take home message is that when the player returns each year you should offer him a new contract to trigger the application process.