giggslegend

Reaction score
I´m trying to sign a player wich require work permit.

First I tried in the summer window and the player accepted my contract and all, but was denied work permit.
I protested and he was denied again...

As I´m close to the January window I see other clubs try to bid for this player so I try to land him again but he still don´t get a work permit granted... I´m still two weeks from the January window, will any thing change then?

...and is it anything I can do that helps?

I was super boring about one player from Shaktar. 750k for amazing backup player, 24 years old, and nothing happened. Not to mention that I am playing with Everton and that I neither have transfer budget nor enough players, but selling Arteta solved the problem fast. Anyway (I went off the topic a little bit) be boring, it might work (and when I say "be boring" I mean that you should try over and over again) it worked for one youngster from Brazil, and it worked for Christian Benitez, now instead of first eleven + subs I have all that + 5 or 6 "extra" players.
EDIT: So the point is that if you try several times it might work. ;)

Work Permits are awarded to players who's national club is in the top 150, I think. And they have to play atleast 75% of their national clubs matches that they are eligible to play for, in the last 2 years.

Otherwise you appeal and it will be based on the player's ability. So I guess your England and for example it makes it difficult to get young south american regens since they may have alot of potential but it's hard to break into the Brazilian side since there are so many players and they won't have much ability at the moment. The work permit doesn't base it on potential unfortunately.

Get a feeder club in Belgium, Bulgaria, Romania (I think) or Poland (Not sure about this either), or in Spain if the guy is from Latin America. You should be able to buy him despite the WP issues. He won't be able to play, though, so send him on loan to your feeder club and renew his contract every 6 months, each time the contract is renewed his WP chances are reevaluated. Worst case scenario you'll have him playing for you in 2-3 years.