yera

Reaction score
I realise this is a n00b question but I haven't played Premiership for a couple of editions and have a slight problem.

2 players in my team can't play because they apparently don't have a work permit. Since I was able to sign them I'm not sure what went wrong. One is a Russian and the other Brazilian, though I don't think it plays any role in the matter. Russian player also has 60 caps for Russia so it can't be it either.

Help would be appreciated!

To qualify for a UK work permit, a player must have played in 75% of his nations games in the previous 2 seasons. That nation must also be ranked in FIFA's top 100. Exceptions are made for 'exceptional talents' - but it's not clear how this is replicated in FM.

In your case you were able to sign the players but they weren't given permits. You should have loaned them out to a club in the EU until they gained nationality, therefore no longer requiring a permit. The quickest nations for gaining nationality are Belgium, Holland and Portugal.

To qualify for a UK work permit, a player must have played in 75% of his nations games in the previous 2 seasons. That nation must also be ranked in FIFA's top 100. Exceptions are made for 'exceptional talents' - but it's not clear how this is replicated in FM.

In your case you were able to sign the players but they weren't given permits. You should have loaned them out to a club in the EU until they gained nationality, therefore no longer requiring a permit. The quickest nations for gaining nationality are Belgium, Holland and Portugal.

Ok, that explains it. Thank you very much!