Work Permits & Feeder Clubs, please help!

louisframe07

Reaction score
Hello,

This is for FM13

Ill just start by saying ive been scouring the forums to find this info without double posting and had no success so sorry if this is a double post!

I just have a couple of questions because I feel maybe im missing something.

I have just got a Croatian feeder club by asking my board to find one to avoid work permits. I chose dinamo. in my save Croatia are in the EU.

Now I have 3 players who I am trying to sign and everytime I go through the work permit appeal process it just gets declined and I dont have the option to send them.

1. Is there a certain time of year i have to do this?
2. is player age a factor?
3. is the type of squad status a factor?

Im just trying to figure out how to get this done ... because I have played probably 20 seasons of FM13 and I have never once had the option to send to feeder club even with Arsenal FC ..

Cheers

Are you in the first season? If you are then yes they are in the EU but you have to be a member for 3 years to get the free movement rights in IRL and i think Croatia get it in the second season but i dont know if FM takes this into account.

maybe I should ask for a belgium club? when I got to the croatia home screen is says Agreements: EU

It should say EU but they wont be a full member, except if FM has made them one cause currently they are an acceding countries, which means "Countries that have signed the treaty of accession obtain the status of 'acceding countries' and are expected to become full member states on the date set out in the treaty. During the interim period, acceding countries benefit from special arrangements: they are kept informed of EU legislation via an information and consultation procedure and are given the opportunity to comment on proposals; they hold an active observer status in all the relevant bodies, in which they have the right to speak but not to vote." However i cant find the date at a quick glance to when they are a full member so id recommend asking an FM guru on their status regarding the EU in FM.

Edit:
Just found some more information "After successful negotiations EU Member States on 30 June decided to close the accession negotiations with Croatia, which allowed for the signature of the Accession Treaty on 9 December 2011. At a referendum held on 22 January 2012, 66.27% of Croatian voters supported Croatia's accession to the European Union. With 136 "Yes" votes, Croatian Parliament unanimously ratified on 9 March the Accession Treaty of the Republic of Croatia to the European Union. Following the ratification procedure in all EU Member States and Croatia, accession is foreseen for 1 July 2013". I also found it was a 2 year transitional period not 3 years so in 2015 they would have Freedom of Movement For Workers rights, thus avoiding work permits.

Last edited:
okay so im thinking just take a belgium feeder club for now and ill use the croatian one later, cheers

also did you see

okay so im thinking just take a belgium feeder club for now and ill use the croatian one later, cheers

also did you see

1. No
2. No
3. No

What option did you press when you were talking to the board and asked for a feeder club? The feeder club has to be specifically for getting work permits, which I suspect you didn't do and just pressed a feeder club to loan players to or something like that...

i think its to do with croatia not quite being in the eu I will try with a belgium club :)

i think its to do with croatia not quite being in the eu I will try with a belgium club :)

Croatia are always in the EU after the first season, and the 3 year thing Dec was talking about is not in the game, in June 2013 Croatia join the EU and you can get work permits. I've done it before...

But you also said that you've never been able to send people on loan to get work permits, so it obviously is not anything to do with Croatia, and it is something you are doing... If you're sure you specifically asked for a feeder club to get work permits, and you are appealing the initial failed work permit before you can send them on loan, then it must be some kind of bug...