pellis210385

Reaction score
hi guys
just wondering with work permits, when it comes to signing a young Brazilian striker for instance that's 18 how can you get round the work permit barrier if your a english club ?

For English clubs the best way is to get an affiliate club. Ask the board for a new affiliate club and select the responsive which says something like " I would like a affiliate club to avoid work permit regulations". If you get to choose the club Belgium clubs take 3 years to gain Belgium nationality or after Croatia joins the EU (normally after a season or two) Croatia only takes 2 years to gain nationality.

Once you have got an affiliate club you will be able to buy players that are refused a work permit but you will get a message saying they are ineligible to play for you. Then just send them on loan to the affiliate club and check on there info - nationality screen for progress. After a year try offering them a new contract and if they have played alot/got an international cap they might now get a work permit. If not send them back on loan again till they gain citizenship or get work permit.

okay thanks for that a huge help :)
Hi there. If you've been at the club a long time, you are able to choose your own feeder club. I would recommend getting to feeder clubs in your case. One in Belgium, so you can get the player and one in Spain. In it's only takes 3 seasons for South Americans to obtain citizenship, while it is 4 in Belgium. You have to have a Belgium feeder club for the trick to work though afaik. Good luck.

okay thanks for that a huge help :)

No problem :)

Hi there. If you've been at the club a long time, you are able to choose your own feeder club. I would recommend getting to feeder clubs in your case. One in Belgium, so you can get the player and one in Spain. In it's only takes 3 seasons for South Americans to obtain citizenship, while it is 4 in Belgium. You have to have a Belgium feeder club for the trick to work though afaik. Good luck.

Not sure what you mean. To gain Belgium nationality player needs to reside there for 3 years or a Spanish affiliate which takes 4 years (I think?) to gain Spanish citizenship. As I said before Croatia is the quickest to gain nationality that I know of at 2 years once Croatia joins the EU.

Last edited:
Just checked an Spain either takes 3650 days/10 years or 730 days/2 years to gain citizenship. Maybe depends on age at which player moves to Spain? Does anyone know?

Just checked an Spain either takes 3650 days/10 years or 730 days/2 years to gain citizenship. Maybe depends on age at which player moves to Spain? Does anyone know?
If the player is from South America it only takes 2 years that is what I meant in my last post. However it doesn't count as a country that will give your players work permit, when you ask the board for it, as it for all other nationalities takes the 10 years to gain citizenship.

If the player is from South America it only takes 2 years that is what I meant in my last post. However it doesn't count as a country that will give your players work permit, when you ask the board for it, as it for all other nationalities takes the 10 years to gain citizenship.

Ok cool didn't know that. So if the player isn't from South America the best option is Croatia but if the player is from South America the best is Spain as it will also take 2 years but they will play a better standard of football and therefore develop better and Spanish clubs will likely have better facilities.

Ok cool didn't know that. So if the player isn't from South America the best option is Croatia but if the player is from South America the best is Spain as it will also take 2 years but they will play a better standard of football and therefore develop better and Spanish clubs will likely have better facilities.
Correct. I recommend Real Sociedad. Midtable club with top training facilities.

But if you are going to use a spanish club, you would have to have another affiliated club that you asked to get for work permits, otherwise the board won't let you buy the player who doesn't have a work permit!

Also, Dinamo has better facilities than alot of Spanish clubs, so if you can get them they are the best option regardless of where the player comes from. Plus Dinamo has top youth facilities, so they'll get some really good regens!!

But if you are going to use a spanish club, you would have to have another affiliated club that you asked to get for work permits, otherwise the board won't let you buy the player who doesn't have a work permit!

Also, Dinamo has better facilities than alot of Spanish clubs, so if you can get them they are the best option regardless of where the player comes from. Plus Dinamo has top youth facilities, so they'll get some really good regens!!

Yes I understood that you need another club for work permits as well thanks. So for OP he is better off with Croatian affiliate as he doesn't have any other.

However I have got two for work permits at moment with Man Utd Antwerp in Belgium and RNK Split in Croatia (couldn't get Dinamo) so I am going to try to get a Spanish affiliate. RNK have average training facilities and adequate youth facilities and Dinamo have good training facilities and average youth facilities. Compare this to Real Sociedad for example who have top training facilities and good youth facilities plus the better standard of the league it would be better to use Real Sociedad.

Yes I understood that you need another club for work permits as well thanks. So for OP he is better off with Croatian affiliate as he doesn't have any other.

However I have got two for work permits at moment with Man Utd Antwerp in Belgium and RNK Split in Croatia (couldn't get Dinamo) so I am going to try to get a Spanish affiliate. RNK have average training facilities and adequate youth facilities and Dinamo have good training facilities and average youth facilities. Compare this to Real Sociedad for example who have top training facilities and good youth facilities plus the better standard of the league it would be better to use Real Sociedad.

Dinamo have the top level of youth facilities...
Plus it depends on how good the players you are loaning out current abilities are, as they are more likely to get game time for Sociedad if they aren't particularly good at the moment.

Dinamo have the top level of youth facilities...
Plus it depends on how good the players you are loaning out current abilities are, as they are more likely to get game time for Sociedad if they aren't particularly good at the moment.

Not in my save. Maybe their facilities have been downgraded.

Yes they are only more likely to get game time at Sociedad if they are good but if they are good enough to get game time they will develop more than they would in Croatia because La Liga is a better standard than the Croatian league.

For English clubs the best way is to get an affiliate club. Ask the board for a new affiliate club and select the responsive which says something like " I would like a affiliate club to avoid work permit regulations".

How do you get this option to appear? I'm Managing Truro in the Premier league. I have yet to see the option when I request a feeder club. The only option ever given is "We should find a feeder club to enable us to send players out on loan." In 10 seasons of play, this is the ONLY option I have ever seen...

I have just sent Khouma Babacar to Antwerp on loan for the season as he needs a work permit but have just seen his nationalities status and it says he needs to reside in Italy for 1825 days should i recall him from Antwerp?

No.Just send him to Antwerp 2 seasons and the offer him a new contract, he will get WP.

How can you tell when Croatia has joined the EU?