AuroraIRL

Reaction score
Any way of getting these easier for players. I'm currently in my first season with Leeds (15 clear with 5 games left) and many of the players (brazilian) iv tried to sign have failed to get work permits.

Iv disputed but it never works and it's happened to me now with 5 different players.

They have to have played a certain number of international games to get a permit

Yeah, no way to get non-EU players to anything below Premier League, I think. Ridiculous.

Yeah, no way to get non-EU players to anything below Premier League, I think. Ridiculous.

I don't think it's got anything to do with the reputation of the club.

Pity, have some brazilian youngsters in mind for the future. I signed augusto easily enough in 08......but it was with pool so that must have made the difference.

How many international caps is it btw?

He means the quality of the players you buy, not the reputations

IRL for a work permit to be successful; The nation the player represents must be in the top 70 Fifa World Rankings and the player must have played in 75% of internationals in the 2 years before the application.

There is often a lot of leeway in these sort of decisions though.

IRL for a work permit to be successful; The nation the player represents must be in the top 70 Fifa World Rankings and the player must have played in 75% of internationals in the 2 years before the application.

There is often a lot of leeway in these sort of decisions though.

Thanks for the info, but the brazilians iv been going after havent got near the national side. . . mostly youths that would strengthen my leeds team.

Guess i probably wont be able to sign them.

Thanks for the info, but the brazilians iv been going after havent got near the national side. . . mostly youths that would strengthen my leeds team.

Guess i probably wont be able to sign them.

For the young South American players it is worth checking if they have Dual nationality. Quite a few do, with countries such as Italy/Spain/Portugal and a work permit isn't needed.

the only way round the 70 ranking and 75% rule is to appeal on the grounds of ''special talent'' but exactly what special talent is and who judges is isnt replicated on fm, its a bit of a lottery

I found a great regen from Croatia on my Reading game in the EPL, but my scout said he thought he would fail his application, but would be accepted on appeal. When I tried to sign him, he failed the initial application, but didn't even get the chance to appeal :( .

I got one person by getting him on trial for 2 weeks then bought him. because hes in england it got accepted

Getting Feeder Clubs In These Countries Helps, I Was Gutted When I Couldnt Get Miguel Tevez For Macceslfield

One advantage of not playing your game in the UK, no work permit regulations, for example in Russia and other European countries you allowed to register a certain amount of foreign players into your squad without the need for a permit.
The amount you can register will vary from Country to Country, and by foreign it means non EU

i know how you feel mate, i tried signing Kramaric and Alipio when i was in my first season but couldnt get work permits so i had to go for englishman

If you play with an English team like Arsenal for example, you must have a Feeder (Affiliated) Club in a country that have no "work permit issues" like Belgium, Holland or Spain. If you do, and you appeal and it gets rejected, you'll still be able to sign the player, but he cannot play and WP will appear next to his name. You'll have to send him to your affiliated club for as long as it is necessary to gain nationality for that country. With Belgium and Holland it is 3 years. Oh, you'll have to send him to that affiliated team every season, as he'll return after the end of every sesaon. He will then be able to play in your team. If you do not have an affiliated club in any country that have no work permit issues, you'll not be able to sign the player, every time, which is bad if you play with a club with a low reputation and your board deny your requests for an affiliated team.

Last edited:
If they make the under age national side a permit will often be granted on appeal I've found.

call me a cheat but i use the editor to get permits done set there nationality to english i believe if u have the correct cash i always sell to buy i never ever ever cheat apart from work permits way i see it if i have the money i should get the player

Is this thing done the same way in real life?

"IRL for a work permit to be successful; The nation the player represents must be in the top 70 Fifa World Rankings and the player must have played in 75% of internationals in the 2 years before the application.

"There is often a lot of leeway in these sort of decisions though."

Post #7.